Pushing Pex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pushing Pex

I ended up getting enough tubing for the thawing machine, but was only able to get about 115' out and hit a dead stop.
    I tried a fish tape. got to 115' but too flimsy.
    I tried a bigger fish tape. Got to 115' and dead stop again.

I'm thinking the main reduces to 1 1/2" at 115'???? No way to jump into it, I tried and tried. I pushed, pulled, twisted, turned, and swore A LOT, but dead stop at 115' every time.

A well Co will attempt to fix it tonight, but I suspect it will only be fixed via an excavator in the A.M. or at least I hope thats the case. I hate when I can't get a job done. 1000 scenarios run through my head. Did I do this, what if I did that, what else am I missing, what if I used.....etc, etc, etc.
    I will callthe guy tomorrow and find out how it went. Hopefully he'll tell me everything is F'ed up and they had to dig. Hopefully not something like, they got here and had it running in an hour.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I ended up getting enough tubing for the thawing machine, but was only able to get about 115' out and hit a dead stop.
      I tried a fish tape. got to 115' but too flimsy.
      I tried a bigger fish tape. Got to 115' and dead stop again.

I'm thinking the main reduces to 1 1/2" at 115'???? No way to jump into it, I tried and tried. I pushed, pulled, twisted, turned, and swore A LOT, but dead stop at 115' every time.

A well Co will attempt to fix it tonight, but I suspect it will only be fixed via an excavator in the A.M. or at least I hope thats the case. I hate when I can't get a job done. 1000 scenarios run through my head. Did I do this, what if I did that, what else am I missing, what if I used.....etc, etc, etc.
      I will callthe guy tomorrow and find out how it went. Hopefully he'll tell me everything is F'ed up and they had to dig. Hopefully not something like, they got here and had it running in an hour.
      Don't be to hard on Yourself,You did more than most. Next summer You can install a trouble free system. Put Your energy there!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It turns out the other co never even showed up, so now I"ll never know. It bugs the he11 out of me, not knowing.

They lucked out and had a guest in a cabin leave early so they don't have to turn the customer away. So now the cabin sits empty until the spring thaw.

Weeks ago I bartered a snowmobile rental with them in lew of a travel charge. Candy and I will spend the night, and have some fun.
        Hopefully I'll have a chance to sit with the powers that be and see if they are interested in preventing this in the future. If they do, it will give me a chance to find out, what the F is going on.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
        X