X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing Pex

2 1/2" poly pipe feeds 3 cabins. frozen at approx 300' for assumed about 30'.

Only entry point to 2 1/2" line is cabin #1.
    Cabin #2 water flowing.
    Cabin #3 Frozen. From cabin 1" to 2 1/2" main is now free of ice, but I can't make the turn into the main.

Line then continues another 300' to a shower house, ties into another pressure tank and feeds another 6 cabins. the shower house and other 6 cabins are shut off and winterized.
    Line entering shower house is only 1 1/2" so somewhere the main kicks down.

Cabins 1,2,and 3 all built at same time so I'm assuming it's a 2 1/2" main to at lest that point.

I would jet it but I only have 200' of 1/4" jetter hose. Locally I could get 1/4" at $2.25 a foot but they only have 100' pieces and I think the fittings would hang up. I could order a 300' continuous but this is a BIG money rental cabin thats been rented out this weekend and all other cabins are booked.

All that BS leads to my question:
    How far do you think it would be feasible to push 1/2" pex?
    Assuming main IS 2 1/2" all the way.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Pushing Pex

To the first 90 degree turn

Comment

I have no idea

I remember pushing 3/4" pex through 2" polybutylene out to about 100'. It got really hard towards the end and the 3/4" started to kink up from friction. I should have lubed it before pushing it in.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I have no idea

I remember pushing 3/4" pex through 2" polybutylene out to about 100'. It got really hard towards the end and the 3/4" started to kink up from friction. I should have lubed it before pushing it in.

And there it is.
        How come it's always YOU that ends up here.

You just want to tell us and get it over with.

And Your beautifull wife

Comment

Gene,The Ice,I can't say.

The 1/4" hose,look up pressue-tec. and watercannon,might find better pricing.

Good Luck.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Oh I know I can get a much better price. I really don't mind the price as it's a locally owned business but they only have 100' sections in stock and I need it for the A.M.

Thank for the heads up though. I've never heard of pressure tec, I'll have to check them out.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Can you put something over the Unions to help them slide better.

Comment

I was thinking that,but what other then duct tape??

I already have 1/4" 150' section and 50' section but it has all it can do to get the full 200' between my mini jetter and fittings reducing flow.????

Comment

Maybe,suck out as much water as you can,then fill pipe with a heavy salt/water solution,maybe add bleach aslo? Or downstream using the same?

Think it might work?
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I have a machine to thaw ice. only problem is, on short notice, I can only get my hands on a 200' continuous hose. the hose is the same OD of ice maker line. The barb couplings work pretty good for a temp repair of the hose but they have a tendency to blow apart so I don't dare to piece the 200' plus the sections I have and put that into the pipe. If it blows apart.
                    I had an old timer tell me he used the hot salt water trick and it works. but at 300'+ away I don't see it happening. I will keep that in mind though. Who knows.

One continuous jetter hose or thawing machine hose I think would work but I don't have time to get it before it's too late.

I dont even mind kicking the job to someone that has the proper equipment as they are a good loyal customer but they are so far away no one would even go there even if someone around here had the equipment.

Oh well, I'll bring my complete bag of tricks (along with 10lbs salt) and see what happens in the A.M.

Comment

Well Gene,good luck.
                      Kenneth Collier
                      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                      Jackson, MS 39206
                      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Re: Pushing Pex AHH CANADA , Help this Lad PLEASE !!!

On the couplings here's an idea. how about some tight wraps with shrink wrap ?

Than goop it with wire pulling lubricant ?

AHH You Canadian Neighbors , This Yank NEEDS HELP AHH
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          On the couplings here's an idea. how about some tight wraps with shrink wrap ?

Than goop it with wire pulling lubricant ?

AHH You Canadian Neighbors , This Yank NEEDS HELP AHH
                          P.S. I wonder if There is Elec. shrink tube [ You heat with a butane lighter to shrink ]

in large Dia. for the couplings ???
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            P.S. I wonder if There is Elec. shrink tube [ You heat with a butane lighter to shrink ]

in large Dia. for the couplings ???
                            Yep, they make it big enough. Good Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                              I was thinking that,but what other then duct tape??

I already have 1/4" 150' section and 50' section but it has all it can do to get the full 200' between my mini jetter and fittings reducing flow.????

Electricians Heat Shrink should bringe the union

I really should read all they way to the end of a string before I post...LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X