No announcement yet.

1 garden hose and a bunch of wet rags.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 garden hose and a bunch of wet rags.

i got a call onetime in churchill, manitoba for a clogged floor drain in a laundry room.

the company i was working for didn't have much in the way of drain cleaning tools.

so i came up with the idea of putting a garden hose in the drain and wrapping and packing wet rags around it to seal up the trap.

i got the boss to turn the hose bibb on full throttle while i pushed down on the rags to stop them from popping out and what do you know, cleared.

it not the proper way to clean a drain but it did work in a pinch.

Vince

Re: 1 garden hose and a bunch of wet rags.

as long as it works

i had a call from a client that was refered by a plumber. when i got there the yelling told me "something's not right"

in an attempt to clear the. blockage the plumber shoved a hose down the cleanout, blocked it with towels, and proceeded to flood the 2 bathrooms. the owner wasn't very happy but i got the blockage cleared (kids baseball cap and a lobster glove) and he calmed down enough to ask who was going to clean up the mess. i said i'd clean up any mess i made and he got even angrier as the plumber had left just after my arrival.

as i was leaving (check in hand) he was on the phone to the plumber demanding the mess in his house be dealt with. i never looked back as drove away

as long as it works

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Re: 1 garden hose and a bunch of wet rags.

[quote=stxrus;212135]as long as it works

i had a call from a client that was refered by a plumber. when i got there the yelling told me "something's not right"

Here is where I came in to my call in downtown Minneapolis.
      the job was at a music club called the Fine line Music Cafe and they were having a midday corporate conference.So I hot-foot it down town and hoof in...the bartender leads me into the bathrooms and as we go in the water is draining backdown the floor drains. Cool.(For them.Not for me.)
      I ask him to show me into the basement just to make sur all is cool and I will bail.
      So we head downstairs and this guy comes running around the corner with turds,toilet paper, etc, hanging from his head and is yelling.."WHAT IN THE FOOK IS GOING ON!"
      .....Well I see what is on him and I reply
      "Bud,*you* are having the worst day of your life." (Yes,I AM master of the obvious.)
      So he saw the 4 bathrooms in the 2 bathrooms backing up(2 more he could not see!) and thought it was only the floor drains and pulled the bands apart on the cast iron floor drains and could not put it back together from the massive head pressure from the 4 bathrooms and 80' of pipe that connected the 4 bathrooms and he took a bit of of bath instead of bailing out!.(He did not see me laugh.)
      2" of S**t on the basement floor besides what he bathed in!

Comment

Working...
      X