Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-380 power feed

K-380 power feed
    It has never work correctly since machine was new.
    Is the only fix to buy one for a K400 to make this thing work like it should?

3/8 cable, Feeds somewhat ok if I apply a lot of force, but retracts like crape.

I personally thing RIDGID should replace everyone who uses it commercially. Since it is marked for that aspect and does not work like it should?

I have had it for 3-4 years and only use it 7 times due to its failure of design.

$575.00 anchor or paper weight..

What are your thought ????
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: K-380 power feed

Mine works fine. Its not nearly as well-designed as other power feeds, and it doesn't retract very well, I'll admit. But I still like it better than a non-power feed drum.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

no response from ridgid ???
      Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

My K-380 auto feed sucks also. Always has since the first day I got it. I have to have it in one certain spot to get it to go forward. I cheat to get the cable out. I put the machine in reverse, and put the auto feed handle back in that same spot to get it to retract.

Comment

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the auto feed on the k-380 is a P.O.S.

In my opinion Ridgid needs to address this issue ?

All of my tools are Ridgid except my camera and Jetters.

Maybe that’s why the K-380 was replaced by the k-400?
          Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
          1-920-284-7471

Comment

no response from ridgid ???
            Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

I did a bunch of kitchen drains this week with my K-380. And I have too say that the auto-feed worked fine on all of them!
              It seems to be working even better now that the machine is getting older! I was considering buying a Spartan 100 for my second truck, but I am very happy with the K-380 I have. The new K-400 has wheels, hand-truck and auto-feed option just like my current K-380 and its cheaper and less cumbersome than a Spartan 100 similarly equipped!

Just my 2 cents. I have read some people seem unhappy with the K-380/K-400, but it has been working great for me.

Comment

I dont use a feeder for 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch cables.

IMO - Unnecessary for those size cables. They're lighter and easier to pull out than larger cables.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  I dont use a feeder for 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch cables.

IMO - Unnecessary for those size cables. They're lighter and easier to pull out than larger cables.
                  Unnecessary? Yes. Makes the job easier? YES! I would never go back to a non-auto-feed. Life is way easier when you don't have to waste energy pulling cable out and stuffing cable back into a drum. I have an auto-feed on EVERY drum I own and I LOVE using them. I used to use a K-3800 WITHOUT auto-feed and trust me, it is way more work!!! I don't even break a sweat on kitchen drains now, but with the k-3800 it was a bear to pull 75 feet of cable out of a slimy kitchen drain and stuff it into the machine by hand....never again! Auto-feed rules! I even use one on my K-39 5/16" cable topsnake.

Comment

Working...
                  X