X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction

A Local plumber is retireing, so yesturday he had an auction. I picked up his K50 with about 40' of cable for half of what I was going to offer him about a month ago. Then Sat. I went to a job for a plumber friend of mine and the K50 came $20.00 shy of paying for it's self. Not bad for one job and I charged my week rate because it was no emergency I was in the area anyway. I almost bought a K 1500 with no cable it went for $60.00 but one plumber there was talking how he used the machine 20 years ago and it was old then!! I just thought I don't need something else around that needs work.

A big core driller went for $375.00 with a bunch of cutters. wish I needed it.

Re: Auction

how ironic.

we got you to buy and use a sectional.

still waiting to take that bidet out of the gift wrapping.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I thought for sure you was going to mention this auction. I just got this, and it's disturbing how many of these are going on right now. I know this auction company sends these everywhere.

It's by far one of hugest ones I have seen but I can understand why the owner is doing it...there just isn't any work.

We're going to see businesses go out for years after this.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        I thought for sure you was going to mention this auction. I just got this, and it's disturbing how many of these are going on right now. I know this auction company sends these everywhere.

It's by far one of hugest ones I have seen but I can understand why the owner is doing it...there just isn't any work.

We're going to see businesses go out for years after this.

This was a happier story. We have known for quite a while that the owner was retiring after he finished the last big job he was doing. His kid never plumbed so he is only taking the excavating portion of the buisiness. I think the service guy bought the name and went out on his own. I'm not sure how many plumbers he had or what happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          how ironic.

we got you to buy and use a sectional.

still waiting to take that bidet out of the gift wrapping.

rick.
          Oh you will use that Bidet some day. Hopefully sooner than later. Remember I used toilet paper for 40 years I know how terrible it works. I've had people thank me for curing there hemmerhoids. Installing a bidet has kept family members from having to wipe loved ones butts. Bidets have allowed me to keep old people out of assisted living facilaties. Man it's the greatest plumbing fixture we as plumbers refuse to try. The good we could do for America. It's unbelievable the toll not being able to wipe our butts as we get old has on our society. I read the stuff a few people write about plumbers keeping the country clean and free of disease. That's old news. Lets take it to the next level.

I just realized something. I probebly wasted my limited typing ability on this post.

Comment

Working...
          X