Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first drain cleaning job

Hi,

I just bought my first drain cleaning machine (sectional type) for my future drain cleaning career
    After I done a tryout on my clogged kitchen drain,and successfuly cleared it I ran the machine in reverse to pull back the cable..
    but then I remembered about a poste I once read in here mentionning something about not running the machine in reverse!! so I shut it down immediately and pulled out the rest of the cable.
    Was I right in doing so?
    what if I feel a particular section of the pipe needs to be redone several times, will I have to keep turning the machine off and on?

thanks..

Re: my first drain cleaning job

Reverse does not mean bring back the cable, it just means reverse the cables direction. To be used when stuck and cant go forward around some bends then run in normal forward direction
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

believe it or not, reverse actually causes the cable to screw into the line.

the open wind is wound with the pitch/ thread opposite of the way we clean.

i run mine in reverse whenever i use my secret weapon cable auger. never had an issue or break.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by sunseeker View Post
        Hi,

I just bought my first drain cleaning machine (sectional type) for my future drain cleaning career
        After I done a tryout on my clogged kitchen drain,and successfuly cleared it I ran the machine in reverse to pull back the cable..
        but then I remembered about a poste I once read in here mentionning something about not running the machine in reverse!! so I shut it down immediately and pulled out the rest of the cable.
        Was I right in doing so?
        what if I feel a particular section of the pipe needs to be redone several times, will I have to keep turning the machine off and on?

thanks..
        Glad to see you started.What type of sectional ?
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
          Glad to see you started.What type of sectional ?
          Hi. thank you.

Its a case type easy to carry.. similar to the k60 i guess but more powerful IMO. with 670rmp, engine with high starting torque / overtuning moment, plus a compression lever that serves both as coupling and handle.

here you can have a look at it
          http://www.lehmann-raksystemgmbh.de/seiten/start.htm

Comment

How much did it set you back?

Comment

Did you-all notice where he is from?(I don't usually look, but the German machine said "not an american") It just blows me away that you guys are helping a guy clear in Beirut! How cool is that????? I would hope to see lots of cool pics on how they have it in the plumbing field over there.......or any field for that matter.
              God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bomberman View Post
                How much did it set you back?
                1,699 EUR with 70 feet of cable and a set of tools.

Comment

Working...
                X