X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing Out

im interested. What makes your company different than all the other companies in your area? Your van? a slogan? your logo? your price? marketing? why do your customers call you and not the other guy? new customers too not ones youve had for years
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Standing Out

I think my van stands out due to the lettering.
    I spent $23000 on it and it has how many square feet of free advertising space on it? Minds well use it as a rolling bill board.

I think my business name sucks. I've been told several times "we called, 3 different people because we did not have your number and we could not remember your name to look it up." I've been thinking hard lately about a name change.

I spend a lot of time with "customer education".
    I try to include them in the decision process as much as I can.
    I educate them on their system/problem and give them ALL options, even the ones that won't make me more money while I'm there, so they and i can come up with a solution that best fits THEIR needs.
    Educating/including them, they see what it is they are paying for, the equipment involved, the work involved etc...

I love when I get a call and the caller starts out saying "I called my Plumber and he told me to call you. I talked to a guy at work, and he told me to call you. I talked to my Neighbor and she said to call you to. So I finely decided to call you."

I think my customers are my best form of advertising because I spend so much time/effort with them and because I educate/include them, they know they were not ripped off because they were part of the process.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

our vans are clean no dents nothing
      we all have uniforms no jeans with holes in them or rags for a shirt
      nice employees with clean mouths not $#&*^/)~!
      employees that do a good job at what they do and are proud of it
      and they know they will get the job done right the first time [ they call the cheaper guy first but end up with us ,you cant beat that reputation ]
      we have people working in our company for years ,my self and 5 others just hit 15 years and 7 are on 8 & 9yrs ,and others 5yrs .it tells a lot about the company
      and they have me
      Last edited by HVAC HAWK; 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM.
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I usually show up drunk in a thong & hand out candy.

J.C.

Comment

Quality service - meaning I dont rush through jobs, I answer all of the customers questions, protect their home like it were my own, reasonable prices, letting them know what other services I offer, refrigerator magnet on every fridge and washing machine. All of these things keep the word of mouth going for new customers.

I just had a logo made that will be going into the new yellow page ad I'm upsizing and having professionally designed. I'll let you know how that works out when it happens later this year.

Right now for new customers, it's mostly word of mouth, few from current crappy yp ad, more from my newspaper ad, and even more from the three plumbers who give me their drain work.

I had to fight the temptation to add rooter to my company name. I wanted to be different and my name rhymes. Locally it works. Outside Louisiana you may be wondering how Herbert rhymes with Care. Locals know the common name (A-bear). When I worked for a company called Blue Flash people would sing out "roto rooter" when they'd see us on the street with our machines and Blue Flash on our shirts. The next company I worked for "rooter man" the customers would write the check to roto rooter not realizing the difference. And the bank would cash it anyway.

On second thought...

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I always let my work speak for itself we relied solely on word of mouth and an existing customer base from my grandfathers business. A lot of people think oh he inherited his business but we did our best to keep his oringinal customers happy and eventually tripled out customer base when it was me and my my partner

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

AHHH... I knew you sounded familiar JC.
              your the creepy that lives under the rail road bridge, down by Nunya River, in a kidnappers van right?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                I thought I recognized you the other day. You sectional guys do anything to get business

Comment

Hey Gene it sounds like you went to the nexstar training with your customer service expertise.

Comment

My Name LOL

Comment

besides offering good and fairly priced service two things keep comming back
                      1. the company name SewerSnake sticks in folks heads
                      2. my slogan, "WE'LL GET YOUR WATER FLOWING" works as a closer when folks look at my newspaper or phone book ads or business cards

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

word of mouth, quality work, fair pricing, and kind of sad but mostly we answer the phone and show up when we say we will.

also if you call us your problem WILL be solved, or at least you will know whats wrong and what needs to be done
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                          word of mouth, quality work, fair pricing, and kind of sad but mostly we answer the phone and show up when we say we will.

also if you call us your problem WILL be solved, or at least you will know whats wrong and what needs to be done
                          This is about where I'm at too. My company is called RELIANCE, and I do my best to be the most reliable plumber in town....my workmanship, my 24 hour service, my tool arsenal, my guarantees, my customer service: all are working together to build my reputation of being the most reliable plumber.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                          X