X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/8 inner core

I will be purchasing a K 60 soon and would like some inner core 7/8 cable. General, Rothernberger and Ridgid has it. Which is the best and were do you get it and for how much? I cannot find the Ridgid innercore. Let it be known that I have been cleaning drains for about 4 years with Spartan drum machines and have tried the sectionals and will soon be a sectional user.

Re: 7/8 inner core

the 7/8 inner core is a great cable! i use a general 7/8 inner core and it snaps together with the ridgid cables. I only use one inner core cable. and that is the first one i put in the sewer

Comment

I just picked a k-60sp se from tool up and if you buy before march 31st you get 75' of c-65 cable free, for less than 1600 i think that is a very good deal here is a link:

http://www.toolup.com/ridgid/66497.html

http://www.toolup.com/rebates/Ridgid_SpringFling09.pdf

Comment

the ridgid part # is c-10ic

it's not a listed part # so you might need to call ridgid directly.

i too run the first 15' of innercore and this allows me to tackle 6'' lines with roots.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          the ridgid part # is c-10ic

it's not a listed part # so you might need to call ridgid directly.

i too run the first 15' of innercore and this allows me to tackle 6'' lines with roots.

rick.
          I've seen you post this Rick but am ignorant to doing it. A question about it though:

Isn't the weakest link in any mechanical chain the crux of it's ability? So how does this improve your operation when clearing roots? Is the torque not applied throughout the cable?

Just honestly trying to learn.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I'm gonna say with the first (15') section IC the chances are pretty low of torque twisting the the cable back on you in a 6" line.

Comment

the cable wire gauge is all the same. the innercore stiffens up the cable to keep it from flipping over.

with the ridgid innercore, the plastic core is a filler. it's not attached to either end. it basically floats inside of the cable. being a plastic type core there is no rust or corrison to worry about.

in the year or so of running the c-10ic inner core, i've had no issues and it gets it done.

plus the cable is less prone to kinking and therfore lays straight.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Called RIDGID today with no luck. Maybe I need to change my name to Rick and show up at you round ups.

Comment

Originally posted by batson View Post
                  Called RIDGID today with no luck. Maybe I need to change my name to Rick and show up at you round ups.

you really don't want my name at the next roundup

there's a big target on it

i'll forward it to my sectional insider

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

This appears to be a decent deal for ridgid innercore
                    http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...sku=5228-62275

Comment

Originally posted by Drainsdonecheap View Post
                      This appears to be a decent deal for ridgid innercore
                      http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...sku=5228-62275
                      that's it if it truly is the c-10ic. product description / part # is missing/ photo would help too.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I use General IC cable and wound never think of using anything but IC without the IC attached on both ends I have broken the outer cable over the years meany times and have brought them out around the trap with that IC. also going up the line from the outlet to the house it gives me extra push. I have done a lot of jobs that other drillers could not do with cable without IC. it would just stop and push back out. Where I live it is IC. only. It might be heaver to carry but easer then digging. And the extra wight can help when you first hit the root.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                          I use General IC cable and wound never think of using anything but IC without the IC attached on both ends I have broken the outer cable over the years meany times and have brought them out around the trap with that IC. also going up the line from the outlet to the house it gives me extra push. I have done a lot of jobs that other drillers could not do with cable without IC. it would just stop and push back out. Where I live it is IC. only. It might be heaver to carry but easer then digging. And the extra wight can help when you first hit the root.
                          I think you worded your first sentence wrong. From the rest of your statement, I assume you are saying you would only use the IC WITH both ends attached.

I to use General IC and my only complaint is the weight, but, like you say, it's better then digging.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            I think you worded your first sentence wrong. From the rest of your statement, I assume you are saying you would only use the IC WITH both ends attached.

I to use General IC and my only complaint is the weight, but, like you say, it's better then digging.
                            Yup both ends got to be attached. There heaver but I switched from 1 1/4" eel cable when the IC. 7/8 came out, so they were light to me. I switched when I got my K 60 and kept using them when I switched back to the 1500 because I was able to get some drains open with the 7/8" that I couldn't get with the 1 1/2" because it got around tight places better. And with the IC. I think it is as strong or stronger as the 1 1/2" W/O IC.

Comment

Hello Guys!

I just wanted to respond and let you know that we do in fact have a C-10 IC cable, the catalog number is 25036. It is mostly sold in Europe, I have not added it to the US catalog. Please let me know if this is something that I should consider doing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Renee
                              Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Working...
                              X