X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my see snake

hey guy's,im new here and this question probly has been asked a million time's but im having this problem with my camera,when i put it into the line the picture is fine but as soon as it hit's a turn or blockage or offset the picture goes out then if i pull back it come's back on but lately it's taking longer to get it back on,i know it must be a bad connection,but is it something i can fix on my own? if so,how?

Re: problem with my see snake

I had a similiar problem with my SeeSnake Compact a month or so after I bought, packaged it up, sent it back to Ridgid and had it back in a week or so. I love that camera.

Comment

You need to send it in because it will fail and no little trick will get it on again and it will happen at the worst possible time!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Sounds like the flexmitter (the sonde in the spring near the camera head) is wigging out.

Your best bet is to call Tech Service. They will get you fixed up.

Comment

BTW.... welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Sounds like the flexmitter (the sonde in the spring near the camera head) is wigging out.

Your best bet is to call Tech Service. They will get you fixed up.
            is WIGGING OUT a technical term josh? remember were just plumbers try to keep the tech talk to a minimum
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

how old is your camera and how often does it get used?

flex the camera head outside of the pipe and see if you can duplicate the problem. also examine the coiled wire from the flexmitter to both ends. make sure that the safety cables are not cutting into the wires insulation.

depending on the problem, you might or might not have to pay for the repairs.

not a bad thing. this is how i found the forum. pretty much the same question you posted

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X