Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cable snapped

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
    I worked with inner core cables for two years, and found that they flipped, kinked, snapped just like the hollow core cables.

I also found that they're not as easy to fix when the inevitable happens.

Whether they last longer or not is irrelevant.

Let's say I get called to an emergency at a restaurant that is depending on me to unstop the bathrooms before they have to close and lose 10's of thousands of dollars on a Saturday night, but wait I need to go to my shop and tach weld this end on, or worse, bring it to the repair center on Monday morning.

With hollow core, I can have the cable fixed in 5 minutes.

I already keep extra reels of hollow core cable on my truck for extra long runs. (up to 300ft)

If I used inner core, a back up reel would be mandatory, IMO.
    Well, the hollow core cables are significantly cheaper....so maybe I'll try them. I know Allclear has made comments about how he only uses innercore as it handles the torque of large roots better. And that hollow core kinks too easily, but I rarely see roots as big as he does. So maybe I'll switch to hollowcore and save a few bucks.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

It's certainly worth a try Carl. I used both equally and haven't noticed any longer life with the inner core, so I save the money. But that's also just my experience. Other manufacturers may make a superior inner core compared to what I've tried.

Comment

Have any of you drum guys tried duracable oil tempered hollow core cable? It's supposed to be stiffer but I'm not sure if this the same stuff Steve had a bad experience with.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Have any of you drum guys tried duracable oil tempered hollow core cable? It's supposed to be stiffer but I'm not sure if this the same stuff Steve had a bad experience with.

that's what i was running before i retired the 7500. not bad and pretty stiff. price was a special a few years back for a trial.

120' 3/4'' oil tempered hollow core for $100 delivered

i was only able to buy 2. limit 1 per customer. so i had a buddy order 1 for me

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X