X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan Tool
    started a topic Trojan Tool Response

Trojan Tool Response

Trojan Tool regrets that JerryMac misunderstood that there was no opportunity for employment even before he left Salt Lake City for Houston. Upon arrival in Houston, this concept was reinforced to him and we wished him well in his future. We regret that JerryMac finds himself in a tough situation but Trojan Tool never promised a sales position to him. We think JerryMac is an excellent plumber but we seek an excellent sales person.

• Josh
    replied
    Re: Trojan Tool Response

I have left this thread alone because I didnt want to show any bias either way on this. However, I recently received more information on what really happened. I just wanted to post up here and make it clear that there is more to this than meets the eye.

In my opinion Trojan Tool handled this one properly. I did not speak directly with Trojan Tool on this but was able to find out some additional information about what happened and they weren't in the wrong on this one.

In fairness and impartiality that this forum has always tried to uphold please don't let this thread sway your opinion of their brand or of JerryMac. Lets just let this one fade out into history.

Josh

Leave a comment:

• stxrus
    replied

Originally posted by Plumbers View Post
    Besides all that, who would shake hands with a rooter man?
    that's why me bump elbows together down here. unless you dislike the clown and then it's a full body hug

steve

Leave a comment:

• JERRYMAC
    replied

just to let you all know i am trying to stay up to date on your posts
    but at this time i am using our clubhouse computer on a on and off
    basis till i can get my internet connected after april the 3rd.
    when i will be able to respond to all
    your posts !

Leave a comment:

• Plumbers
    replied

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
    I know we should not need contracts a handshake should suffice. BUT if anyone has to move for a job get the details in writing. Most reputable companies will send you a job offer letter detailing the position and compensation. If they don't, ask for it... If they say no then walk away.
    I agree, except for the handshake. In some states, verbal is a contract, but hard to prove, so the Law loves to see written contracts.

Would I hire a salesman to work in the field? I don't think so. Most salespeople are as mechanically inclined as a potato and as delicate as a little tiny flower.

Would I hire a plumber to sell nothing but parts? No. Its easy enough to find a plumbing parts salesman. Some plumbers have success as professional estimators, but that's rare, too. We usually end up playing on the internet or down at the bar.

Besides all that, who would shake hands with a rooter man?

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
    Anyone heard from Jerry as of late?

He was on the 19th but did not post.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• BCR
    replied

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
    Was wondering the same???

Leave a comment:

• DUNBAR PLUMBING
    replied

I was going to spend a few hundred on cables through this company until this all came to play.

Good eye PlumbingSkool. Ain't no one going to take away you know your **** about the internet and its workings.

Leave a comment:

• U&I Plumber
    replied

Well,
    What is plainly evident is that there was a wrong committed and somebody got shorted in the process, what is also evident is a total lack of customer service and satisfaction as they cannot even keep their word with a prospective employee, too bad really.

What I have learned is this, the best way to hurt a company is by not spending your money with them, free market system is still the best... Cash Is King

I'll be due up for some new machines here over the next year or so, 'spose I know where I'm not spending my money.

Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• EasyEman
    replied

I know we should not need contracts a handshake should suffice. BUT if anyone has to move for a job get the details in writing. Most reputable companies will send you a job offer letter detailing the position and compensation. If they don't, ask for it... If they say no then walk away.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    replied

They are following this thread very closely. Last login was yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• DELCASE
    replied

JERRY IS THE ONLY FRIEND ON GOT ON THIS FORUM,,
    He reaches out to you ,like a sales man should,
    LIKE a sales man is supposed to do .

Leave a comment:

• Gene Bickford
    replied

Originally posted by Trojan Tool View Post
    Trojan Tool regrets that JerryMac misunderstood that there was no opportunity for employment even before he left Salt Lake City for Houston. Upon arrival in Houston, this concept was reinforced to him and we wished him well in his future. We regret that JerryMac finds himself in a tough situation but Trojan Tool never promised a sales position to him. We think JerryMac is an excellent plumber but we seek an excellent sales person.
    Sounds like lawyer speak to me, right down to "sales person", how PC can you get

Leave a comment:

• wizzy
    replied

Originally posted by Trojan Tool View Post
    How can you take this message serious if it doesn't have name or title at the end?

Leave a comment:

• PlumbingSkool
    replied

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
    I seem to recall that when all this was announced in the "Wake up call" thread, JerryMac had added several things to his signature at the bottom of the post. I believe it was Josh that called him on it.

That being said, i seem to remember seeing a functional email address for JerryMac that was using Trojan's email server. You can't just make that up, it had to be set up by someone in the company.

So now, explain why a valid email address was given to JerryMac if there was no intention of hiring him????

Here was Josh's reply showing what I believe was a valid email address for JerryMac:

Thanks Jerry... I bet nobody was smart enough to look 2 lines down to figure it out from this.

E-MAILJERRYMAC@UTAHWEB.COM"
    E-MAILJERRYMAC@TROJANTOOLMFG.COM (Looks like the real deal!!!)
    WWW.TROJANTOOLMFG.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,FIRESPRINKLER CONTRACTOR, SINCE JAN. 1989

Regardless... good luck at your new position...
    Yes,

You can also see it in GOOGLES cache

http://74.125.47.132/search?sourceid...hp%3Ft%3D23842

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X