• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loading and Unloading.

Bent knees and long arms.
    Looking for an easier way,getting old.

Comment

Hey Rick and Service Guy, could you post pictures of your lifts in your vehicles? I am looking at getting one myself, but I would like to see what other people have done first.

Comment

Twicepipes and I see eye to eye on this one.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=19

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
          Even more reason not to trust it IMO.

I just have pet peeve about anything from harbor freight that requires lifting, jacking, winching large and heavy items. Most my friends are heavy line truck/diesel mechanics and heavy equipment haulers and welders. It's sort of an unwritten agreement that we don't buy Chinese made hoists or jacks, anything that could potentially "give out". Grinders, drills and all that other stuff they sell I'd buy (but don't) and use before buying a single jack or lift.
          considering i have 4 of them over the years. i only wore out 1 jack as the seal finally wore out and it would leak over time.

the unit is actually very nicely made and since it's rated for 1000#, the most i ever put on it is 300# for my jetter or 75 gal gas heater.

the unit is a combination of 3'' steel pipe, 2'' square tubing and 1/2'' plate. the uit will tear out the floor of the truck before it can fail.

even the orange paint job is heavy.

what i know is that this lift is the best bang for the buck. way more universal than others i've looked at.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Truck with ramp. Boilers, HWHs, Drum machine, ATV, drop the ramp and load and unload in seconds.
            Attached Files
            WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
            ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

I bought a K60 and said to heck with a ramp or crane. Just had to add my 2 cents.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I had side door winch operated fold down ramps on eight of my vans. I got hold of some really nice spring loaded rocker switches that we could hide upside down under a portion of the bulkhead so the bad guys would have a rough time stealing a machine. (got lucky and never lost one) On my personal van that was over 25 years old, I used a motor cycle ramp. It kept me in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  considering i have 4 of them over the years. i only wore out 1 jack as the seal finally wore out and it would leak over time.

the unit is actually very nicely made and since it's rated for 1000#, the most i ever put on it is 300# for my jetter or 75 gal gas heater.

the unit is a combination of 3'' steel pipe, 2'' square tubing and 1/2'' plate. the uit will tear out the floor of the truck before it can fail.

even the orange paint job is heavy.

what i know is that this lift is the best bang for the buck. way more universal than others i've looked at.

rick.
                  I'm just giving ya a hard time Rick. No need to explain yourself. If it gets the job done to your satisfaction, that's what matters. It's still a free country (last I heard).

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    it's not a power tool. it's basically a 3'' diameter pipe on a swivel with a 3 ton bottle jack and a 2'' telescoping arm.

the bottle jack has worn out on my original unit. but the base and arm is perfect condition.

i've swapped the hand operated winch to a power winch and have used these for over 15 years. never had an issue and at $120 you can't go wrong.

the advantage to this style lift is the fact that the arm telescopes to 4 positions, and it also angles upward and downward via the bottle jack. you can get the perfect angle and reach then use the winch to raise and lower the load.

i use mine for a whole lot more than lifting my snakes. jetters, water heaters, boilers, back flow preventers, even the neighborhood kids like to fly like superman

rick.
                    What about photos and a diagram Rick as they have buggar all to buy in Oz so I will have to try and build my own Jib Crane and put a 12 or 24 volt winch on it to lift my K-1500 on an off my truck.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X