X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading and Unloading.

Does anyone use ramps to get bigger machines on and off of their trucks.
    I have a 10' box truck.Easy to get machine off but hard to get back on.

Re: Loading and Unloading.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23459
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks

Comment

i've always used the crane arm from harbor freight. it's $120 and has a hydraulic bottle jack and a hand winch. i swapped the manual winch wih a power winch. the arm also telescopes 4 different lenghts.

i've used them on 3 different trucks with no problems. i also lift a 300# jetter with them along with 75 gallon water heaters.

can't go wrong with it. you do need to properly bolt it down to the truck bed.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick

I have a Harbor freight right by me.
          I will check it out tomorrow.
          Ray

Comment

You guys trust that China made crap?

Comment

Yea for some stuff it's cheap and if it lasts awhile and breaks I buy another based on how long the first one lasted. Some things I buy I pay top dollar and I hope they last my lifetime. Heck almost everything is made in china now and assembled in USA.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have the same truck.My winched died and I've been using a 2x6 and dragging the big machine straight up.Some of the guys call it the 'clean and jerk' method.

Comment

my "big" machine is a K-75. i just pick it up and set it in the sidedoor of the van, wheel it to the bulkhead and strap it down

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Machines are E Z, After BENCH PRESSING SNOW MOBILES in the Sierras HE HE

I crack My Son up . I have a talent for flipping mine ! Weighs about a HARLEY !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Onezee..So what has been your method?

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                        You guys trust that China made crap?
                        it's not a power tool. it's basically a 3'' diameter pipe on a swivel with a 3 ton bottle jack and a 2'' telescoping arm.

the bottle jack has worn out on my original unit. but the base and arm is perfect condition.

i've swapped the hand operated winch to a power winch and have used these for over 15 years. never had an issue and at $120 you can't go wrong.

the advantage to this style lift is the fact that the arm telescopes to 4 positions, and it also angles upward and downward via the bottle jack. you can get the perfect angle and reach then use the winch to raise and lower the load.

i use mine for a whole lot more than lifting my snakes. jetters, water heaters, boilers, back flow preventers, even the neighborhood kids like to fly like superman

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i use mine for a whole lot more than lifting my snakes. jetters, water heaters, boilers, back flow preventers, even the neighborhood kids like to fly like superman

rick.
                          Even more reason not to trust it IMO.

I just have pet peeve about anything from harbor freight that requires lifting, jacking, winching large and heavy items. Most my friends are heavy line truck/diesel mechanics and heavy equipment haulers and welders. It's sort of an unwritten agreement that we don't buy Chinese made hoists or jacks, anything that could potentially "give out". Grinders, drills and all that other stuff they sell I'd buy (but don't) and use before buying a single jack or lift.

Comment

I recently bought this unit for $700ish. I had it professionall installed which cost even more. It was a hefty investment, but it works well. I figure its WAY cheaper than back surgery. Saving my back already from the wrath of the heavy K-7500 beast.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I put a slide out false floor set up so I can roll k1500 out.
                              Regards
                              Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X