X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cable for drum machines

I tried to find a post about this but no luck.

Re: Best cable for drum machines

in the old days, ridgid had an inner-core 3/4'' cable that was bullet proof.

it had stiff aircraft cable inside.

then they switched to a inner wound cable that looked like a 1/4 snake pushed into the hollow core.

not even close to the stiffness or strength of the original.

not sure what they use now, cause i'm a sectional guy now

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have been using Mytana red flex 3/4 for ridgid machines for a looong time and I like them alot. We had a guy trash 2 11/16" cables in 2 days because his brand new rigid K7500 had the drum rotation switch backwards.He stuffs his cable in the sewers then lets 'er rip so he barely noticed.I would have felt the cable acting strange right away.
      www.mytana.com
      Last edited by Jay Mpls; 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I have to credit Plummer Rick who told me to try Duracable 3/4" oil tempered hollow -100"
        I have been very happy with this cable as it is very forgiving and long lasting. In 2007 the cost was $297.

Comment

I get my cables from the same company that make my machines. I've never experimented with brands to see which was better or worse.

Working for three other companies who may or may not have bought their cables from different sources, the cables all seem to last about the same amount of time.

Assuming that I dont ball a cable up under a house, I expect the 150 ft, 11/16 hollow core cables I use to last about 1.5 to 2 years. Of course, in that amount of time I may end up with kinks or swirls that need to be cut out and spliced. After 1.5 years that 150 ft may go down to 135ft.

I figure that a cable usually pays for itself by the second or third time its used, so I don't mind when they need to be replaced more often than I expect them to last.

I prefer hollow core because they're easily spliced in the field.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
            in the old days, ridgid had an inner-core 3/4'' cable that was bullet proof.

it had stiff aircraft cable inside.
            My old General cables were like that - wound steel inside the 3/4" cable. I wouldn't say they were bulletproof but I did get years of use from them. They do kink. They are hard to fix. They'll break, too.

Comment

RIDGID

And that all`s I`m gonna say
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
              X