Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rick will love this

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    You're right. And regardless of what some say, you're going to get some gray water drips with sectional or drum even with running clear water. That's what the blanket/tarps are for.

I breakdown on the blanket. Take the cage out last with the blanket folded around it. No problems/drips yet.

J.C.
    except i use towels instead if a blanket. if i make a mess i clean it up. all part of the job

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

For sectional drain cleaning, I carry cloth drop cloth runners on my truck. I believe they are 12-footers so I can have them anywhere from 2' long to 12' long depending on how much I unfold. I put the cable cage behind the machine and the guide hose in a large U-shape around the cage and then back to the machine. I hand feed as much cable as possible straight from the cage until I need the machine then add one cable at a time using the machine. There is a little learning curve but you'll get it before long.

Good luck-Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Plumberjr. opens his mind and buys a sectional!?
        What's next? Will you be voting democratic and selling Kohler fixtures like us flaming liberal whackos?
        The world has gone mad!
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          What's next? Will you be voting democratic and selling Kohler fixtures like us flaming liberal whackos?
          The world has gone mad!
          Double thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            The world has gone mad!
            If I am not mistaken, Plumberjr owned a K-1500 before his K-6200, and his new K-60 is replacing his old K-50 so I think he has been pretty open minded so far. However, asking him to turn Liberal may be a stretch.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the bucket only works on 5/8'' cable. 7/8'' is too long and stiff.

did a second floor laundry drain today with the bucket. no mess and the cable starts in the bucket, and when returns to the bucket when finished.

the machine sits on top of the elevated washer with a yoga mat to protect the machine.

lets see the 6200 run a 5/8'' cable with auger down a 2'' laundry standpipe with trap to clear the stoppage 28' down.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

did a second floor laundry drain today with the bucket. no mess and the cable starts in the bucket, and when returns to the bucket when finished.

the machine sits on top of the elevated washer with a yoga mat to protect the machine.

lets see the 6200 run a 5/8'' cable with auger down a 2'' laundry standpipe with trap to clear the stoppage 28' down.

rick.
                I`d like to see that what about a demo get the DVD recorder out and get Joey to direct and produce it for all to see.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                  Rick I take it you mean by protecting the machine you mean protecting the mighty K60 not the washing machine.

Simon

Comment

notice i said 5/8'' cable. since i also own a few or more k-50's i tend to use the 50 for the 5/8'' cable. it's lighter and spins slower for the 5/8'' cable.

i'll use the 60 on 5/8'' cable when i already have it out for 7/8'' and need to do more lines with 5/8''. such as on a roof down vents.

the k60 is great for do all machine. but if you do own a k-50 it's lighter to use and less powerful for the smaller cables.

bill/ plumbercrack is known to run drum adapters (5/16'', 3/8'') in the k-60.

now that would be good to see on video.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Next tub stoppage I'll have the customer hold the video camera

Comment

I tried making a guide hose to hold 3 sections of 5/8 cable but I used the wrong stuff I couldn't pull 22.5' of cable through it easy. I'll try some other materials for guide hoses. If that doesn't work then I'm going with 4 seperate guide hose's loaded before I walk in the house.

Comment

no chance in hell i would lower myself to think liberal
                          i had to replace my k50, as it was shot---one of the install guys will keepit on his truck as an emergency tool!! i admit i like this k60---just surprised---rick makes it sound like it is 2 pounds---its heavy---but it works great

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                            i need to find a way to keep the mess confined into a small area
                            like a closed drum?
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X