X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rick will love this

i broke down today and added my k50 to the hall of fame-----i bought a k60sp-----yes i am a drum guy, but i needed a small machine to replace my k50----it was over 15 years old and BEAT UP--- i do want to know how you guys keep the cable in a bucket when snaking a line, and any tips are appreciated it is a lot heavier than i thought it was, but nice machine and love the 7/8 cable----slick

Re: rick will love this

At least you have the guts to admit it publicly. Others would toll away in silence.

J.C.

Comment

i dont know of a drum machine that is that small and can put out 7/8 cable in a small package------i prefer my 6200, but the 60 will get its share of abuse

Comment

I'm not as experienced as some with the sectionals. But I don't think any have used a bucket with 7/8" cable.

I recall some using one with 5/8" cable and I have done so myself. Makes it cleaner and quicker getting out of a living space.

J.C.

Comment

large bucket????

Comment

I've never used a bucket with a sectional but Rick seems to like them.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
              large bucket????
              Seems it would be hard to control but try it at the shop. I've got a hydraulic oil bucket cleaned up I'm gonna' try with the 5/8". It's got the lid with the spout so I might be able to keep the cables connected with minimal tangling in the bucket.

J.C.

Comment

1 cable at a time????

Comment

1 cable at a time????
                  Yes. Obviously I would have to disconnect at the spout. But I do use the guide hose. (General Wire I95. NOT the K60) Basically to me the bucket would be closed storage and a feeder. Connected in the bucket so you can always have the next one to pull out, disconnect, and run in the machine.

Haven't done it yet. Might be real aggravating and I end up slinging the bucket in the yard.

J.C.

Comment

i too have bad anger issues and sounds like i too will be kicking and mfing the bucket

Comment

i need to find a way to keep the mess confined into a small area

Comment

My local NortherTool had moving blankets about 8'x10' for $5.00 recently. I bought a couple and have had minimal cleanup in living spaces using them.

Depends on what's in the drain & contact time too though.

J.C.

Comment

i always run water , but it never gets all the crap off, and a dripping cage sux

Comment

i always run water , but it never gets all the crap off, and a dripping cage sux
                            You're right. And regardless of what some say, you're going to get some gray water drips with sectional or drum even with running clear water. That's what the blanket/tarps are for.

I breakdown on the blanket. Take the cage out last with the blanket folded around it. No problems/drips yet.

J.C.

Comment

i guess im spoiled with the 6200--no mess at all------i guess i will read this in the morning to see what the west coasters say

thanks for ur help

Comment

Working...
                              X