Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Wuss Roots

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Wuss Roots

    Did he fight for the North or South? Can't remember.

    Anyway cleared what I would call "Wuss Roots" compared to what I've seen on the Forum with my little General machine. Small area drain that I thought the 5/8" sectional might get stuck in or not pass the turn at the bottom.

    Thought showing a sectional running a small drum might interest some like a K60 or K50 can do.

    Small sectional machines can be a good universal drain cleaner for a longtimer or a beginner.

    J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-24-2009, 11:55 PM.

  • #2
    Re: General Wuss Roots

    I really like the K-50 because I can use the canisters. I wish the K-60 did the same thing.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: General Wuss Roots

      Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I really like the K-50 because I can use the canisters. I wish the K-60 did the same thing.

      Mark
      I thought a K60 could with an adapter on the back. No?

      J.C.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: General Wuss Roots

        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I thought a K60 could with an adapter on the back. No?

        J.C.
        I think Ben does it but sticking the adapter in the front and running the machine backward or something but I have never tried it.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: General Wuss Roots

          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I thought a K60 could with an adapter on the back. No?

          J.C.

          My A-17 drum adapter works beautifully on the back of the K-60. I wouldn't run it in a drain that might have roots though...even wussy roots.

          What size drain was that J C ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: General Wuss Roots

            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I think Ben does it but sticking the adapter in the front and running the machine backward or something but I have never tried it.

            Mark

            LOL have you been drinking?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: General Wuss Roots

              Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              My A-17 drum adapter works beautifully on the back of the K-60. I wouldn't run it in a drain that might have roots though...even wussy roots.

              What size drain was that J C ?
              It looked like 1" or maybe 1-1/4". I had no idea what or where. But I run s-l-o-w. Back & forth. Especially if I have any fear of undersizing the cable.

              Surprised there were any on the cable. Spun pretty freely.

              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: General Wuss Roots

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I think Ben does it but sticking the adapter in the front and running the machine backward or something but I have never tried it.

                Mark
                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                LOL have you been drinking?
                I had asked the question originally on the forum but Mark told me it didn't work and I left it at that and never tried. Bill (correct me if I'm wrong) gave it a shot and he still does this so deserves the credit for putting the theory into practice. I use my k39af instead because of weight but do keep a canister on the truck in case the k39af and k50 fail on the same job. Triple redundancy.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: General Wuss Roots

                  Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  It looked like 1" or maybe 1-1/4". I had no idea what or where. But I run s-l-o-w. Back & forth. Especially if I have any fear of undersizing the cable.

                  Surprised there were any on the cable. Spun pretty freely.

                  J.C.
                  Hate to say it but I cleared a 4" line with my K40 and pulled back roots. It was a 2" laundry line that went 4' and tied into the main and the bushes out front were growing roots in the pipe. Nothing bad happened but potentially I could've lost my cable. I now always try to figure out the piping layout before snaking a line.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X