X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Wuss Roots

Did he fight for the North or South? Can't remember.

Anyway cleared what I would call "Wuss Roots" compared to what I've seen on the Forum with my little General machine. Small area drain that I thought the 5/8" sectional might get stuck in or not pass the turn at the bottom.

Thought showing a sectional running a small drum might interest some like a K60 or K50 can do.

Small sectional machines can be a good universal drain cleaner for a longtimer or a beginner.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-24-2009, 11:55 PM.

Re: General Wuss Roots

I really like the K-50 because I can use the canisters. I wish the K-60 did the same thing.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I really like the K-50 because I can use the canisters. I wish the K-60 did the same thing.

Mark
      I thought a K60 could with an adapter on the back. No?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
        I think Ben does it but sticking the adapter in the front and running the machine backward or something but I have never tried it.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

J.C.

My A-17 drum adapter works beautifully on the back of the K-60. I wouldn't run it in a drain that might have roots though...even wussy roots.

What size drain was that J C ?

Comment

I think Ben does it but sticking the adapter in the front and running the machine backward or something but I have never tried it.

Mark

LOL have you been drinking?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              My A-17 drum adapter works beautifully on the back of the K-60. I wouldn't run it in a drain that might have roots though...even wussy roots.

What size drain was that J C ?
              It looked like 1" or maybe 1-1/4". I had no idea what or where. But I run s-l-o-w. Back & forth. Especially if I have any fear of undersizing the cable.

Surprised there were any on the cable. Spun pretty freely.

J.C.

Comment

Mark
                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                LOL have you been drinking?
                I had asked the question originally on the forum but Mark told me it didn't work and I left it at that and never tried. Bill (correct me if I'm wrong) gave it a shot and he still does this so deserves the credit for putting the theory into practice. I use my k39af instead because of weight but do keep a canister on the truck in case the k39af and k50 fail on the same job. Triple redundancy.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It looked like 1" or maybe 1-1/4". I had no idea what or where. But I run s-l-o-w. Back & forth. Especially if I have any fear of undersizing the cable.

Surprised there were any on the cable. Spun pretty freely.

J.C.
                  Hate to say it but I cleared a 4" line with my K40 and pulled back roots. It was a 2" laundry line that went 4' and tied into the main and the bushes out front were growing roots in the pipe. Nothing bad happened but potentially I could've lost my cable. I now always try to figure out the piping layout before snaking a line.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X