Man we are missing out in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Man we are missing out in America

Way cheaper number 1 reason and the Root ranger is a very very aggressive tip it is more powerful on roots then a warthog. The warthog for me has it beat for the fact of it's shape it hardly gets stuck and goes around 90's better. And the foward jet is a good thing but that sounds like the Root Ranger has that also. And the average man with a 5GPM pressure washer will reap the benifits with the Root Ranger
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

We have been using the Root Ranger nozzle for cutting roots here in Australia for over 10 years now. Every jetter operator in Australia has one. They only have one moving part, you can fit an optional front jet to it, you can service it yourself in 2 minutes by replacing the ceramic insert, you can change the insert to suit your flow rate, they will go around tight bends and gully traps, they are dirt cheap compaired to other root cutters on the market and they don't have parts that may damage the pipe they are trying to clear like chains etc. Ridgid sell them in the US but most plumbers don't know about them.

You can also get a 'Blade Cutter' attachment that clips onto the nozzle so you can feel if the drain has been cleared properly on not. The computer designed, laser cut SS blade matches the arc of the internal sidewall of the pipe and either scrapes or cuts the roots/grease from the pipe.

Because of this nozzle we can clear tree roots from pipes up to 6" (larger with an extension, the dia of the pipe) with our small 5gpm jetters. We clear around 20 chokes a day and have a 5gpm on every service truck. We keep a USJ 4018 trailer and a Harben DTB500 in the shed for large pipes and they both use the 1/2" Root Ranger for root cutting. We use them once a month.

You won't get it stuck us long as you let it pull itself quickly to the blockage and only twist the hose when your on the choke or returning from the blockage. If you do twist it on the way to the choke it may decide to take a junction and run up a branch line. This can be helpful if you need to clear this line but painful if you don't!
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I have both warthog and root ranger both do a good job .
        Warthog is my preferred weapon of choice but I use root ranger on straight runs.
        Jetters Edge provide excellent service and equipment as I buy all my hoses and nozzles from them.
        Regards
        Greg
        Ballarat Drain Cleaning

Comment

Excellent info everyone thank you!

Comment

This is why I started this thread. When I bought my first Jetter system I thought well it will be a good little set up and I will learn on it. But what I really thought when talking to a new customer was "I have a little baby jetter that might be able to do it" So then I bought a bigger system so that I could say " I know I can do it" Point being a 4 GPM machine a Root Ranger and some other inexpensive tips and a good slippery hose and you are ready to go! You just need a buddy with the trailer machine as a backup for 6-8 inch lines that are really really packed.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              This is why I started this thread. When I bought my first Jetter system I thought well it will be a good little set up and I will learn on it. But what I really thought when talking to a new customer was "I have a little baby jetter that might be able to do it" So then I bought a bigger system so that I could say " I know I can do it" Point being a 4 GPM machine a Root Ranger and some other inexpensive tips and a good slippery hose and you are ready to go! You just need a buddy with the trailer machine as a backup for 6-8 inch lines that are really really packed.

Yes the Root Ranger is quite impressive even on my baby jetter 3.5gpm.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                I think that the slow rotation was that optical thing of eye vs camera again. It is probably going fast by the sound of it. But slow would be fine also as that is the point of the warthog slow and better.

yep, just an optical thing.
                I filmed mine in action once and it did the same thing. The nozzle shoots the water so fast the camera can't even pick up the rotation
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Why would you buy a RR instead of a Warthog?

J.C.

Speed !

The Warthog is slow compared to the ROOTRanger. I have both. If I want to sweep out large deposits of sand and gravel I`d use the Warthog, if I want to clear out mass root then I`ll use my RR.

The problem I see with the double RR is its got to be used in drains larger than 4" . 95% of domestic household drains are only 4" , so there may be only a few times when I see the use for it. If you use it in 4" drains [ the double RR is 3" in diameter] then only a small blockage still exits and wouldnt require a double RR to clear it where a single can do it easily.
                  So you`d have to be working 6" and above to make the purchase worthy. I don`t do enough to 6" or above to justify a purchase.
                  Besides, I just hard my new single RR modified for 31ltrs /min @ 4300spi and works a treat..

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                    Speed !

The Warthog is slow compared to the ROOTRanger. I have both. If I want to sweep out large deposits of sand and gravel I`d use the Warthog, if I want to clear out mass root then I`ll use my RR.

The problem I see with the double RR is its got to be used in drains larger than 4" . 95% of domestic household drains are only 4" , so there may be only a few times when I see the use for it. If you use it in 4" drains [ the double RR is 3" in diameter] then only a small blockage still exits and wouldnt require a double RR to clear it where a single can do it easily.
                    So you`d have to be working 6" and above to make the purchase worthy. I don`t do enough to 6" or above to justify a purchase.
                    Besides, I just hard my new single RR modified for 31ltrs /min @ 4300spi and works a treat..
                    Help Me out on this I want to modify my root ranger for a higher GPM where do I buy or do this? You are at 8GPM I need 10-12
                    Last edited by Cuda; 04-04-2009, 12:48 PM.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have been using the same ceramic cartridge inside the turbo nozzle with my 13.3 gal jetter with similar root munching performance. A little bit more water through the bypass but still works fine.

Comment

We can send you a large ceramic insert to suit your RR's flow rate. Just need to know the GPM, pressure and length/size of hose.
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Where do I call? I have 10GPM, 300 ft 3/8 hose 3000 psi
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Ive just changed my jetter, now pumping 31 ltr @ 4300psi or 8 gal @ 4300psi, running 3/8" hose. It really kicks arse out of the 50 ltr @ 3000 psi. Anyway , I ordered some AquaMole nozzles arrived here last week, just 6 rear 1 forward penetraters and have on order the RootRanger nozzles to suit that flow rate. Their gunna strip the drains free of root in no time. Will post some pictures of this set up next week.

Comment

Root Ranger you bought a new pump? Or increase the RPM on the motor? New bigger motor and pump?
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Nar, I still got the 35HP BS Vanguard and swapped the 50ltr @ 3000psi for a new 31 ltr @ 4300 psi. Big difference in pulling power , better with the 31 ltr and with 3/8" hose really kicks some butt. Ok now got the RootRanger with right size ceramic insert,080, yesterday I had a shower of root, tree roots falling out of the sky, just insane...............

Comment

Working...
                                X