X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man we are missing out in America

Wow! The Australians have all the good nozzles for jetting.
    The guy that goes by the name on here of Root Ranger was saying last year about the new 1/2" version of the Root Ranger and what a monster it is but look at this double version!
    http://www.thejettersedge.com.au/com...art/Itemid,45/

Sometimes the site is slow and it takes a while to get the pictures.
    And here is the Root Ranger with a cutter blade

And Here is the big boy!

And a lot more options in terms of nozzles. Has anybody in The States ordered here? How long does it take to get?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Man we are missing out in America

And they use quick disconnects I have always been scared to use those in case it hit the wall of the pipe and released my tip. I would cry at $500 bucks to loose it.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Here is the double in a short video watch the damage it does
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaZkVcXUXY
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        And they use quick disconnects I have always been scared to use those in case it hit the wall of the pipe and released my tip. I would cry at $500 bucks to loose it.
        A friend of mine here was using a warthog on friday with a quick connect,retrieved the hose with nothing on the end.
        Luckily he had a seasnake and locator to find the warthog in the pipe.
        It was about an hours digging to get it out.
        You are correct it can be an expensive mistake.

Simon

Comment

I saw they sell metal and plastic covers to go over the quick disconnect but I will still thread in my tips for now
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Down under we have all sorts of nozzles for drain cleaning. I designed the Double Barrel Root Ranger nozzle after finding the standard Root Ranger nozzle was too small for cleaning larger drains in a hurry. All the Root Rangers can be jetted to suit larger jetters like the 4018 US Jetter that we use over here in our plumbing business, Mr Drains.
            99% of plumbers in Australia use quick 1/4" connect couplers. We designed a short SS silt proof coupler that wont let go once under pressure or when pulling back through a drain. Never connect a nozzle and just shove it into the pipe incase it pulls the spring loaded sheath back before turning the jetter on! If connected properly to a nozzle it will not let go. They should also be replaced after 100 hours of operation. The inner sheath can be inspected for wear against the side wall where the 8 SS balls push out against the sheath. There are cheaper versions of our quick connect out there that will let go and you will loose a nozzle. (Just hope it's not a Warthog!)
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I want the double root ranger and also like to buy the right jet to make my single root ranger work with my 12 GPM machine. I keep regestering at the jetters edge but it doesn't seem to work for me.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

For some reason the computer guys make Loggin on difficult. If you e-mail info@thejettersedge.com.au one of the staff office will call you tomorrow morning. It is Sunday 4.40pm over here now. They will need your flow rate and pressure and will send the correct size nozzles. The dollar has moved enough to make purchasing from Australia really cheap!

Bill
                Last edited by bill2601; 03-22-2009, 05:55 AM. Reason: grammar
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Whats the min GPM for running those double barrel Root Rangers?
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

They will run with a minimum of 5GPM through 3/16" hose. Out tests have shown that running it with a 1/4" hose is better as it delivers more flow. The ceramic inserts are 030.

The turbo's can be resized to suit a higher flow rate. Basically, whatever flow you can get out of 3/8" hose, we can match with by sizing the nozzle to suit.
                    Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is there any advantage to the twin jet in 4" pipe? Hoes much pressure loss is there when you add the front jet to the single jet model?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm probably wrong here but it looked like in the video that the double barrel had a slow rotation to it.

I didn't see that with the single Root Ranger at the Roundup

Comment

I think that the slow rotation was that optical thing of eye vs camera again. It is probably going fast by the sound of it. But slow would be fine also as that is the point of the warthog slow and better.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

All the nozzles in the 'Root Ranger' range have to be twisted by the operator so the nozzle cleans the entire wall of the pipe. If left still the nozzle will only clean 1/3 of the pipe.

If you add the front insert (M6J) it will reduce the forward thrust of the nozzle by 15%. You can then put the nozzle into a blocked drain and clear it without using a penetrating nozzle first. Some guys love the ability to cut forward and others prefer the extreme thrust.

The twin turbo is designed for larger pipes but will work in a 4" drain. It will clean more pipe in less time!
                            Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Why would you buy a RR instead of a Warthog?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X