X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K 60 process

I recently got a used K-60 and used it a few times. I've tried one before and didn't like it, but the more I use it the more I like it. It has it's purpose,(roofs especially) but it does take more time, so if your usually busy I would have a drum machine also. I also don't buy the BS that it "does a much better job" rantings. My drums are just fine. I also don't see how it would be practical at all on bathtubs though, same with the K-50. If the bathroom sink it right next to the bathtub or the tub it full of water, forget it and use a top snake.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
      I recently got a used K-60 and used it a few times. I've tried one before and didn't like it, but the more I use it the more I like it. It has it's purpose,(roofs especially) but it does take more time, so if your usually busy I would have a drum machine also. I also don't buy the BS that it "does a much better job" rantings. My drums are just fine. I also don't see how it would be practical at all on bathtubs though, same with the K-50. If the bathroom sink it right next to the bathtub or the tub it full of water, forget it and use a top snake.

This post is good for 3000 internet points because the poster lives in California.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Dang,I'm sorry,
        Yes,the guide hose is 15'

Still no light going off over questions.
        Nothing on record with cables coming disconnected.

Thank you and thanks to everyone else who responded. I think there could be a spot open on the truck for a K60. I do love my 300 but all my sewer jobs are in basements here, I don't think my back can take too much more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
          Thank you and thanks to everyone else who responded. I think there could be a spot open on the truck for a K60. I do love my 300 but all my sewer jobs are in basements here, I don't think my back can take too much more of it.
          If I didn't have a machine that I can take the drum off and take it to the basement seperate. I would never clear drains. I don't care the make of a machine I need to get it to the C/O. Everything else is just a spinning drum. How you guys get machines down crappy stairs with sharp turns is beyond me. I know how you feel. I only seem to have an out side c/o in freezing cold.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

That DVDPAK is on top of my list right now, I will be calling for a DEMO.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I am in the septic pumping and repair business and recently purchased an older style k-60 on ebay. It was brand new and fits easily with all of the accessories in a small side box on the septic truck. I am a one man band and it works perfectly for my purposes. Last friday I had a blockage that consisted of the "new" toilet paper. I don't know if you have noticed the new Charmin product that is a pre-moistened wipe, similar to a baby wipe. There was a build-up at the septic tank inlet that took about an hour to clear using 1 section of 3/4 cable, be on the look-out for these. They do not dissolve like toilet paper. They are essentially a cloth. I have often wondered if you guys make as much money on "Charmin back-ups" as we do. %90 of all back-ups We see are caused by "Septic Safe" Charmin.

Comment

When I use the K-60, I feed my cable from the front of the machine. That's the way the cables came in the drums from the factory.

When I watched the Ridgid demo online, I saw that the operator looped the last end of the cable back into the pipe while he got out another stick of cable. That is probably a super-good idea, especially if you're doing it from a roof. But I don't do it most of the time while I'm in a basement.

The 7/8" cables are 15' and the 5/8" cables are half that. I usually slide two of them into the guide hose at once, even if a couple of inches sticks out.

In cramped space, I usually set the cage in front of the machine and loop the guide hose around behind me. And I always set the machine on a plastic-backed canvas tarp. If there is any place I might drip between the job and the door, I use canvas runners, such as carpeted stairs or any other carpet or wood floors. Before I remove the machine, I wipe with Scott rags so it won't drip. And I'm thinking it's a good idea to carry plastic bags on the truck big enough to wrap around the cages if it gets messy. So far, it has never been that messy.

I did do one job outside using some rocks to keep the cable from running off across the lawn without the guide hose. The advantage there was that I could pull the entire cable back at once without disconnecting and then run it again. But it did tend to pick up grass and debris from the lawn.

Being sixty, I really don't want to manhandle a 250-lb. machine into basements, either. And I think it's a good idea to have a machine that will fit into tight places like crawl spaces or on a roof, and through narrow doorways.

I have two cages of 7/8" cable and one of 5/8" and I really think another cage of 5/8" would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  I was on a roof today with my heavy monitor/vcr and dvddirect thinking about the DVDPAK.

Having a little buyers remorse with my monitor choice.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                    I was on a roof today with my heavy monitor/vcr and dvddirect thinking about the DVDPAK.

Having a little buyers remorse with my monitor choice.

no remorse, i have a monitor for every day of the week

you will get the dvdpack and keep the monitor / vcr for a backup or a second truck.

if i had to worry about all the back up machines i have, i'd be all worry and no work.

lenny don't worry. i brought up your name at dinner last night with a good friend that has a house in your neck of the woods.

i have them throw you a bone 1 day

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                      I have two cages of 7/8" cable and one of 5/8" and I really think another cage of 5/8" would be a good idea.
                      You can fit 75' of 5/8 cable into the carrier. I've never need more than 75' of 5/8 cable.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X