X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting new

what do you pros here think about starting a drain business in an area that seems to have alot of companies already. My wife says there are to many. I say it is up to me and the service that I can provide. Just looking for feed back.

Thanks

Re: starting new

Originally posted by coldbluff View Post
    what do you pros here think about starting a drain business in an area that seems to have alot of companies already. My wife says there are to many. I say it is up to me and the service that I can provide. Just looking for feed back.

Thanks
    I would say in drain cleaning you are almost always better off being the boss than the employee. As far as work, I agree the amount of work you generates is up to you.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I would say in drain cleaning you are almost always better off being the boss than the employee. As far as work, I agree the amount of work you generates is up to you.

Mark
      Thanks for the positive word Mark.It's spooky out here these days.

Comment

I started in a flooded market. (pun intended)

I started in the aftermath of Katrina.

Lets put it this way, I have a dollar bill size ad in the yellow pages and yet I'm still all the way back on page 19 of the plumbing section.

I'm doing well here though.

Quality work at reasonable (not expensive, not cheap) prices with an investment in advertising and good luck. Its worth a shot in my opinion.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

thanks for the input guys I like to hear from guys who have been there done that

Comment

As long as your service stands above the rest, people will know who to call It may take some time. Don't be afraid to knock on doors. Don't be the guy coming into the market with lower prices it will only hurt you and the industry in the long run. Provide excellent service=$ Good Luck

Comment

if you have a job now i wouldnt recommend quiting. if i was in your shoes id learn as much as you can now about the business end of it and when the storm clears then jump in with both rubber boots running
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

a question is "is the market saturated?" quality service vs fly by nights?

do you any experience doing this? do you have funds to set up shop and still "live" for the next 6 months with little or no work?

any licensing in your area?

these and other questions should be answered before jumping into any venture. if you do decide to go ahead then go for it with all the gusto you can muster. quality work, good customer service, reasonable (for your market) pricing, a great work ethic, and you stand a chance ... once folks know you are out there

good luck with your decision

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I think how well anyone does depends on their motivation.I dont mean being able to get up and go to work.I mean why someone does what they do.If you do what you do for the money well you will probably never get half as far as you would doing something you LOVE to do.Its really simple if you love what you do its no longer work its more like a hobby you get paid for.

Comment

Working...
                  X