X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used drain machines

am i the only one who wonders where are all the cables and accessories that come with these machines when they were new? all the machines show at least a little bit of use. how do they do that without any cables? not sayin nothin now, just askin, just askin. breid

Re: used drain machines

I'm

Which used machines?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I have all the used cables. Ransom?

J.C.

Comment

I cut some of my large used cables into 3 ft sections to make "whips" with, and throw away the extra in small pieces so nobody gets hurt if it comes flying out of the dumpster.

The smaller cables get thrown in the dumpster.

Lenny

Comment

The cables could have been kinked, swirled, spliced and in otherwise bad condition.

You're probably better off starting out with a brand new cable anyway.

Lenny

Comment

typically the cable weighs as much as the machine. so shipping would be a wash if you were to just ship the machine. usually a used cable is questionable anyways.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

a-bear. k-60 electric eel model c, amongst others. i could have been more explicate. when a k-60 is on ebay there is usually nothing but the machine. personally i wouldn't want the used cables either. god knows what they have been through. a few years back i built several hock shops. in indiana its pretty hard to get a license. so owners were weary of hot stuff. if you dragged in a k-60, they figured that it was easier to run with the k-60, than the machine & the cables. wheres the baskets? wheres the cutters? (i have some for my k-38 that have never been used). wheres the cable guide(hose)? wheres the key? people used to fence stuff at flea markets. now it's on ebay.

Comment

good point breid. Rarely see a k-60 with cable and heads but common place with drum machines.

Ever try running and jumping a fence with a big a$$ drum machine??
                You could be on to something.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I am thinking that there is a chance that the cables and accessories are stuck in the drain/sewer of the previous owner.

Comment

Working...
                  X