Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new score

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Just some FYI.... Rick will go on forever that you cant have anything better then what he`s got

actually you got taken when you bought your jetter and it never lived up to the numbers they told you. your jetter has been taken apart more than any of mine including some i've owned more than 10 years.

when you can perfect perpetual motion, then you're on your way to a nobel prize.

remember you can't get more out than what you put in. there's an efficiency factor and the closer you get to 100% the better your machine is. when you start posting #'s beyond 100% that's when i bust you

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Why can't you just let the man be happy with the jetter he bought? The money is paid, what's the value of raining on his parade? If Steve's happy with his jetter, then that's all that matters.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I understand what u r saying rick. But how r u getting your number?
        Everything I have read from the “manufacture” says this is the maximum output is 3600 PSI and 5.6 GPM. I do understand that the numbers are foe optimal condition and its best possible performance.

So why are u busting my balls? Every time someone post something new or a project or a question every one post question about PSI and GPM so I did.

So I am asking ,how do u get your numbers to with disagree the manufacture specs? Please post your math so I can understand? The actual formula

Thanks Mike

P.S. I didn’t buy a Jetter I bought a “USED” pressure washer, that I would like to turn into a smaller jetter.
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Rick's talking about Steve, All Clear. They have a love hate relationship but fight like the 2 guys from the "odd couple"
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            actually you got taken when you bought your jetter and it never lived up to the numbers they told you. your jetter has been taken apart more than any of mine including some i've owned more than 10 years.

when you can perfect perpetual motion, then you're on your way to a nobel prize.

remember you can't get more out than what you put in. there's an efficiency factor and the closer you get to 100% the better your machine is. when you start posting #'s beyond 100% that's when i bust you

rick.
            Rick,Rick,Rick
            Little heavy there aye?

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
              Everything I have read from the “manufacture” says this is the maximum output is 3600 PSI and 5.6 GPM. I do understand that the numbers are foe optimal condition and its best possible performance.

So why are u busting my balls? Every time someone post something new or a project or a question every one post question about PSI and GPM so I did.

So I am asking ,how do u get your numbers to with disagree the manufacture specs? Please post your math so I can understand? The actual formula

Thanks Mike

P.S. I didn’t buy a Jetter I bought a “USED” pressure washer, that I would like to turn into a smaller jetter.
              Hang in there Mike buddy.Don't let it bother you.
              I think it's an awesome looking jetter.Compact.Cuda says low rpm?how low is it.You got hoses and heads already?

Comment

I just ordered a new unloader and a psi gage to get some ruff idea of the real specs. After that I will order some new hose and other parts as well .

As far as RPM I will put my tach on it and see what is a good RPM for GPM and PSI for what I am going to be using it for.
                My main goal is restaurant line with grease build up. I have a few accounts that need a higher GPM power unit, but it’s a pain to get my Harben into some of them.
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  how do you do the math? i'm not putting my finger in your eye, but i don't understand. ace sewer posted a formula last year. hp = gpm x psi v .0005833. does that work? if not what is the formula? i know that is for a 100% efficient system, which in reality does not exist. do we have a huge power loss? i am planning on doing what appletondrain did, so i would like to know how to figure this out. thank you. breid
                  i believe those #'s are for an electric motor and not a gas engine.

the #'s that are realistic for gas is hp= gpm x psi / 1100.

so 5.6 x 3500 = 19,600

19,600/ 1100 =17.818 h.p

keep in mind that is the max h.p for an engine all out. doesn't take into account pressure loss from friction and h.p loss from altitude.

gas engines are approx 2/3 of an electric motor.

rick.
                  Originally posted by appletondrain View Post

Thanks Mike

mike, my post was directed to allclear based on his post and his long standing jetter woes. his #'s were were way off from the co. that sold him his unit. he went as far as taking it apart and replacing unloaders and countless calls to the company that sold it to him. gear / ben was right on as it was directed to allclear, not you.

your pump is the same one i have on my 18 h.p portable jetter and it does spec out at those #'s.

you need to install an accurate glycerin filled gauge at the pump/ unloader and also a test gauge at the end of the hose to read the pressure loss. you also need to size a nozzle based on actual flow.

get a high pressure ball valve/ 4000psi, and install it at the end of the tee with the gauge on it, to the desired size and length of hose you plan on using.

warm up you engine with no load and/ open valve.

bring the engine up to speed, i try to keep mine at 3000rpm or less.

throttle down the valve to create pressure. of course you need to tighten the unloader too/ raise the pressure. raise the pressure to the max. at your hose end based on the gauge and read the 2 gauges. the one on the pump and the one on your hose. this will show the pressure loss at flow.

direct the flow into a 5 gallon or larger bucket to catch the water. time the flow for 1 minute or 30 seconds and measure the water collected. usually holding the hose/ valve under water will keep it from blasting all over the place.

measure you results based on flow and pressure.

the flow should approach 5.6 as the pump is a positive displacement. as long as the rpm is maxed out based on the pump specs and engine specs.

i throttle down to 3000 or less to preserve the engine.

play around with the flow, rpm's and psi to get a good reading on the numbers.

when you have the real #'s then you can size the nozzles based on this.

or you can buy some sample nozzles and try. i would try a #4.5,5,5.5 and see which one is going to give you the flow and pressure you need.

too big a nozzle will give you flow, but lower pressure. too small will give you pressure, but less flow. just right will give you the monster you are looking for

the engines h.p will allow the pump to max out the flow and psi.

an undersized or weak/worn engine will not bring the pump up to pressure. as the pressure is increased, the h.p demand will increase. at 0psi, it only takes a couple h.p to flow the water. at 3500 it will take all 18h.p to keep it running.

hope this helps mike

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

rick.
                    I don't know Rick as the only thing that has been changed on my jetter is the unloader....lol... What are you referring to when you say "your jetter has been taken apart more than any of mine including some i've owned more than 10 years. " I`d hate to think of the hours I have on it and I havent done anything but put gas in the tank
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X