X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cables for K-39AF?

I know that the 5/16" cable is most common, but I was thinking of getting the 1/4" and 3/8". Will the 1/4" fit through an 1-1/4" lavatory trap??? If so then I figured I could get the 1/4" for that and then use the 3/8" cable for shower drains. Does this sound like a good idea to you guys?

Re: Which cables for K-39AF?

no

stick with the 5/16'' cable. the 1/4'' is to small for the auto feed.

the 3/8'' is a little heavy for everday use.

the 5/16'' is perfect for most everything.

i use just the bulb end or bulb with a bend. on 2'' i use either the k-39 with 5/16'' or i use the k-50/60 with 5/8'' sectional cable.

always keep your drum clean and dry. i remove my cable if they come back wet. it takes seconds to remove the cable, a minute to install the cable and the cable will last a long time this way. a wet rusty cable will be useless in a matter of a few weeks.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick, thanks for the advice, but can you get the 5/16" cable down an 1-1/4" master trap? ARe there differnet types such as 5/16" IC and which should I use? How long is the 39af???....I wanna try to use to old pic-a-pac case since the Ridgid case is $90 extra. Does general sell cables for this machine? I am VERY happy with their 7/8" for my K-60...cheaper AND better.... should I get 50' of cable...35' sounds like it should be plenty.
      Last edited by vette850; 03-28-2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

5/16 is no problem in 1.25'' tailpieces. we don't have 1.25'' traps or nipples to san tees.

50' of spinning cable is a lot of weight in your hands. 35' is plenty. beyond that use your 5/8'' sectional in the 50 or 60

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I like the speedbump cable for the k40 in my k39. I never take it out of the drum and it's still going almost 2 years later.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
          X