Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference in spiral saw bits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference in spiral saw bits?

The one I always see have teeth like a regular sawblade but I've seen others with half round cutouts instead of teeth. Any advantage to the latter?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: What's the difference in spiral saw bits?

Ben, when you say spiral saw are you talking about a Roto-Zip and similar tools?
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Spiral saw blades for draincleaning.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Doh! Shudda looked at the forum area where you posted this "Drain Cleaning". Sorry.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Ben, Got a picture of what you are talking about?

I don't wanna run out to my truck and check my saws...

Comment

It shows it in the catalog as T207-209.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

serrated cutters. my knives are like that. they will stay sharp longer, a lot longer. but they cut not rip and saw like the older style cutters (sawtooth t-107). your call. try one see if you like it. the half moons stay sharp. breid

Comment

ben the t-207-209 are spiral bar cutters that fit the 5/8'' sectional cable along with the 3/8'' male coupling cables.

they are very similar to the spiral sawtooth cutters except they have no real agressive teeth.

they basically have a less aggressive notch in the cutter so it's gentiler on the machine and cable.

they also make a bar cutter for the 1.25'' cable that's a t16-18.

it's easy to cut notches into a worn spiral sawtooth cutter, but hard to cut teeth into them.

spiral saws are much more aggressive.

unless you're using it on a small cable or machine, stick with the more aggressive spiral sawtooth cutters like t-109-111 for 7/8'' cable.

rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-29-2009, 08:59 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X