Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Jetter Hose Carts Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jetter Hose Carts

    The cart mounted KJ-1250 is pretty limited as a jetter. Has anyone used the cart only attached to a KJ-3000 to take the smaller line inside a business or a home?






    Mark
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

  • #2
    Re: Jetter Hose Carts

    We have 75 feet of hose to go from our KJ3000 to the reel so we can use the reel and foot pedal inside and leave the motor/pump outside.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jetter Hose Carts

      Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      The cart mounted KJ-1250 is pretty limited as a jetter. Has anyone used the cart only attached to a KJ-3000 to take the smaller line inside a business or a home?


      Mark
      Yes I use just that cart for my 3/8 jetter line. I roll to the access point with it then run P/W hose from my trailer to the Ridgid cart. I sold my electric jetter and kept the cart just for this reason. I am about to weld on another hose reel to the top plate where the jetter used to be. I will post pic if I can but am busy today.
      Bryce
      Seattle Drain Service

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jetter Hose Carts

        Mark, not trying to steal your thunder but i just wanted to show you this.

        this it the machine we use up here and i really like the design.

        we use them for thawing water and sewer services.

        it only has a couple of quirks but for the most part it a pretty good little machine.

        all of the weight is down low giving it a low center on gravity.

        while i've never used a RIDGID©, i would think that most of the jetters are close in performance.

        http://www.magikist.com/index.php?pi...34&product=839

        just something to think about.

        Vince

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jetter Hose Carts

          Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
          Mark, not trying to steal your thunder but i just wanted to show you this.

          this it the machine we use up here and i really like the design.

          we use them for thawing water and sewer services.

          it only has a couple of quirks but for the most part it a pretty good little machine.

          all of the weight is down low giving it a low center on gravity.

          while i've never used a RIDGID©, i would think that most of the jetters are close in performance.

          http://www.magikist.com/index.php?pi...34&product=839

          just something to think about.

          Vince
          That is a pretty neat machine but the day I have to worry about frozen lines in Southern California is the day I start heading further South. I am curious what do you do to prevent contamination with that machine?

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jetter Hose Carts

            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            That is a pretty neat machine but the day I have to worry about frozen lines in Southern California is the day I start heading further South. I am curious what do you do to prevent contamination with that machine?

            Mark
            two seperate machines.

            i don't know if it comes without the tank but when thawing the water service lines we need the tank.

            it works well for use because it's self-contained. and water supply lines have a tendency to freeze up and cause a lot of down time.

            when thawing the sewer we don't re-cycle the water. pew. wet-dry vaccum and keep feeding it hot water. i don't cook poop.

            i just spec'd a couple for my boss and they're on order.

            Vince

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jetter Hose Carts

              here is a pic of the jetter hose cart, in use this is with 3/8"
              I had everything out on this job
              Attached Files
              Seattle Drain Service

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                Here's the reel we made from a few parts laying around the shop. It holds 300 ft. of 3/8 hose. Real handy working off of the big trailer jetters.

                We have completed the reel by painting it black and adding high pressure fittings required to hook it up to the big jets.
                Attached Files
                www.firstresponsedrain.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                  I designed a "remote mini reel" for the KJ3000 and most other jetters running 3000 to 5000 psi. You can fit 3/8", 1/4" and 3/16" hose on it and it comes with a pressure gauge, isolation valve, nozzle rack and a SS frame!
                  Regards, Bill

                  The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                    Now I`ve got a hose reel for any domestic situation, 3/16", 1/4" and 3/8".
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                      bill, root, both portable reels look nice. problem i had when i made one was there is no weight to hold the reel down. you either need to unreel the hose in advance, or stand on the reel while feeding it or winding it up.

                      a very nice design on both of yours

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        bill, root, both portable reels look nice. problem i had when i made one was there is no weight to hold the reel down. you either need to unreel the hose in advance, or stand on the reel while feeding it or winding it up.

                        a very nice design on both of yours

                        rick.
                        Would adding a sand bag or some other type of weight to the bottom help with that?
                        Or you can have a detachable steel weight that can be bolted on and off like an anchor? just an idea......
                        Last edited by DanLawrence; 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: another idea

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                          dan, i just keep a foot on the base. when winding in and out.

                          carrying a weight or sandbag is not practical.

                          in dirt/ grass, a couple of ground spikes will work. on concrete it's the foot method

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jetter Hose Carts

                            I find them heavy enough with just the hose on the reel. Normally I would unreel the main feed hose attached to the truck and drag it to the drain opening, then connect the mini hose reel at that point. Then peel off enough hose, from the mini reel, I think I`m going to use down the drain. Now , I`ve got the choice for which hose to use depending on the drain size. And the 31ltr @ 4300psi really is what Ive wanted for so long, so much power in the 3/8" hose with the 080 RootRanger attached, my bypass valve shows minimal back to the tank flow so 99.9% is going out the nozzle. Anyway I made the reel mount from 32mm exhaust pipe, is very light to pickup, also made it with the roll over frame to protect the gauge and jet nozzles. I`m ready for anything now.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X