X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General super vee

I feel The supplied assortment lacking. Added a 2" blade set. Any thoughts?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: General super vee

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    I feel The supplied assortment lacking. Added a 2" blade set. Any thoughts?
    possibly too big for that machine. use it on a 3/8'' cable only.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

pr is correct! i have a k-38 with general 5/16" x 50' cable and cutter set. where you going to use a 2" cutter? breid

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        pr is correct! i have a k-38 with general 5/16" x 50' cable and cutter set. where you going to use a 2" cutter? breid
        What comes with it won't scour a 2" pipe.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          What comes with it won't scour a 2" pipe.

tool the only way to really clean a 2'' pipe is with a jetter or a larger cable. the power vee or k39 is just going to poke at it.

put a 5/8 or 7/8 sectional in there and the line will be spotless.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I cut out a 1-1/2" old galvy lav drain just below the 1 st floor ceiling. 80% blocked.
            rodded it from roof vent. cleared but not scoured, I can see it. Was a good lesson for Me to actually eye ball after! Ifeel blades would cut the gunk better!

Comment

old gal waste pipe is next to impossible to clean out the old rust deposits. even no hub and cast is difficult. but cast/ no hub takes a lot longer to get this condition.

plastic and copper don't corrode. plastic is the easiest to clean and maintain. copper isn't as common and does clean, but not as easy as plastic.

hand snakes were not designed to scour the pipes. the cable is too flexible. the largest cable you can run is 3/8'' in a portable hand snake. sure you can install a cutter, but do you really want to hold onto it to work the pipe clean? plastic, no problem. metallic no way.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I need to dump the 1/2" cable on My K-375 and buy some more 3/8". That would be a better choice for this kind of application,right?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  tool the only way to really clean a 2'' pipe is with a jetter or a larger cable. the power vee or k39 is just going to poke at it.

put a 5/8 or 7/8 sectional in there and the line will be spotless.

rick.
                  TRUE!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Holy crap, service guy you have got a crap load of ridgid drain cleaning tools.

Comment

Yea that pic looks like the Ridgid catalog lmao
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                      X