Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numb Fingers

Does any one else get this.

I ran the K-60 for about 4 hours yesterday and even this morning my fingers are a little numb.

Has any one else ever experienced this, or do I have a brain tumor........

Re: Numb Fingers

I used to get that allot when running my machine especially for a long time like that. You're not the only one.

Comment

something you might try are a pair bicycle gloves with gel pads. wear them inside your work gloves. it helps me. hummingbirds are back. breid

Comment

Yeah, if I haven't had a date in awhile.

Difficult...to....type....Numb....Fingers.....

J.C.
        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-08-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
          LOL that's funny cuz it's true

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

Thats funny. But maybe a little to much information.

Comment

Might that be tendinitis creeping in?
              Not good anyhow!

Comment

i get that when cut and thread steel pipe all day. maybe a mild case of carpool tunnel?

Comment

Originally posted by pioneer1 View Post
                  Does any one else get this.

I ran the K-60 for about 4 hours yesterday and even this morning my fingers are a little numb.

Has any one else ever experienced this, or do I have a brain tumor........

I nominated this thread for one primary reason; awareness.

This constant vibration of cables in your hands, whether drum or sectionals takes a toll on your body.

One of them however is more destructive than the other. The original poster covered that with his experience, along with mine years ago, and when I have to run my 81 that offers this same type of slow forming injury.

Drain cleaning takes a heavy toll on the hands more than people care to admit. I wish I could lie and tell you it doesn't, but it does.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yea I get that sometimes along with swelling in my hand after a good fight with a bad drain. I think the longer I work the harder I slam the Handel down or if the cable gets stuck and I am trying to get more grip. But I get it with the 60, 1500, and the 7500 about the same. Try not slapping it down as hard and watch for other ways your hand gets beat up, like pulling on a stuck cable or keeping the machine from moving I get my hand cut up sometimes. I just got home from a fight with a back flow valve and my hand is starting to look like Mickey mouse's hand already.

Comment

anytime you use your muscles in ways that you're not conditioned for will cause cramping.

when i use a jack hammer all day long, my arms go into spasms.

joey tells me it's from lack of a proper diet. need more bananas

when you get using the machine on a regular basis, you'll be use to the feel.

there are guys that complain the k-39 is too taxing. even had a guy saying that propress was too hard on him.

get rest, and exercise. warm up before you start doing anything physical.

my big jetter gets me after a full day of fighting hoses.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Joey's right; low potassium levels causes the cramping and bananas have the stuff to fix it.

Anytime I'm doing a lot of copper work, especially 1/2", I always eat a banana by force of habit to control that issue.

Customer last week on a water heater install gave me one for that very reason because I told him my hands were locking up. The work I did days previously didn't help either.

Hey! JC AND PC,

let me know what "anonymous" clinic you all go to so I can join!
                        No shaking hands though,
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar thanks for the nomination, its my first one I feel loved..

Anyway, the numbness was more in my left hand than my right, but I use my left hand to hold down the 60 handle and the right to guide and control the cable, it may just be that I was pushing down on the handle harder than needed.
                          I was litterally running the machine for 3 1/2 hr on that one call, it was a

But thanks for all the input.

Comment

i'm not trying to preach, but........................................,

if your loosing the feeling in any of your limbs, change the way your doing what your doing, no matter what it is.

your body is trying to tell you something.

maybe take some breaks from the machine or let the machine do the work.

lets face it, it's hard work.

you only have one body, take care of it.

Vince

it's all fun and games until looses an eye.
                            Last edited by Vince the Plumber; 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Never experienced numbness with my General I95. The handle comes wrapped in a foam grip so maybe that helps.

You might be able to put some on the K-60 handle if numbness/vibration is a problem for you.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X