Funniest way HO'S try to open their drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Funniest way HO'S try to open their drain

Sounds like putting glass in a garbage disposer to sharpen the blades.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I cleared a toilet stoppage last week where the homeowner had tried to use dishwashing soap. I said no way! where did you hear that?. She showed me 2 full Google pages on her laptop.

Dozens of comments from others that said it worked great. Just pour 3/4 cup of dishwashing soap in the toilet and let it sit for 1/2 hr. then flush.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I've heard this sometimes works on kitchen grease stoppages but never a toilet.

I think it's just a myth promoted by the soap industry
      I'd say the effective part is the letting sit for 1/2 hr. I've been called out to more than one toilet where its been a while til i could get there and its softened up by then.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
        I have had that too HO'S calling me up wanting me to give them step by step how to get their drain open because they didn't want to call anyone. I got a call today to go out Monday and get a 1/2" cable out of a down spout that the HO was using to get the roots out. He also said he broke a stick off in there, I wonder if a new 12 Ga. would be tax deductible as a drain cleaner? seem like a lot of folks use them for that, and I think it would be just the thing to get that stuff he put down there out.
        I got the cable out he broke off. He said the rental place give him part of his money back, he told me he wanted to rent a bigger auger but his wife wouldn't let him because he would wind up with a broken arm. after he seen the root I pulled out and the tork the cable was under to get it out he thanked her.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Dozens of comments from others that said it worked great. Just pour 3/4 cup of dishwashing soap in the toilet and let it sit for 1/2 hr. then flush.
          Tell the truth. You saw this on an episode of the Brady Bunch. Only it was the washing machine, not the toilet.

Next, you are going to say how a customer invited you to a concert their kids were in and the prize money was going to be used to help pay their back taxes.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I was at trade show last year and I had a self proclaimed plumber come up to me and I remembered him from another trade show six months prior. I had these handouts that we give away and it's a large stress ball that looks like a bullet. He came up to me and pointed at them and said "those things don't work". I look over at my booth and asked "the stress balls"? I looked at him and said they are not for every one I prefer the fishing lures myself. His eyes got real big and said " those are stress balls". I looked at him and asked "what did you do with it"? He told me the story that he thought they where a sample and put it down the toilet of one of his customers and got it clogged. he had to pull the toilet to get it out. I handed him a fishing lure and another bullet stress ball and told him that "next time don't pull the toilet just use the lure".

Comment

Working...
            X