Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fernco Pipe Patch

Sorry guys,
    I was going to PM you both last night but I ended up getting side tracked.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i was given 2 complete 4'' kits to sample a couple years ago when it was sold via the supply house and their suppliers.

i personally didn't like the push rod/ air delivery system. i couldn't see the 1/2'' sch 80 pvc making it through a comby or 1/4 bend. more so the quick connect air fittings than the pipe.

so i never used it and returned it to the rep.

what i have found is that the pricing is a lot more now than when it was a supply house product. 4'' patch was $200, now it's $300. even the bladder and push rods are a lot more than the pricing from 2 years ago.

still not sold on the push rod deivery system. and if you don't use all of thier products, they don't warranty the patch. you need to buy thier packer, flex link, push rods, regulator, safety cable.

at $65 for a 5' push rod, that gets very expensive for the average run. what's a 20 section of 1/2'' sch. 80 pvc go for? $10-$20? the air quick connects still need to be taped up to prevent snagging and accidental disconnects.

the packer they want $1000. for just seems like all the parts to the system are more expensive than they should be. and at $300. a patch, they get you every time you buy it.

lots of companies make similar products, i know there's better pricing.

when it was sold through the supply house, it was 33%-50% less expensive. same product

rick.
      this is what i posted a few days ago from another thread.

numbers were generated from 2 weeks ago.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I am new at the rigid forum and have to admit that I do not sign on often. I am unhappy to hear of your supply house not stocking inventory. These are the concerncs what we (Source 1) need to be aware of. I strongly suggest you contact me via work email CMiller@S1Eonline.com or contact the office. These issues will be delt with.

I'm also sorry to hear that your "training" was not satisfactory. Typically the distributor does not do the training. Were you issued a Factory Trained Installer Card? Who did your training?

We have built a training facility in our wharehouse. Complete with lateral and mainline applications. I invite anyone considering PipePatch, or who would like additional training, to visit our facility for hands on training and product knowledge. We also have a 2" course designed to simulate pool applications. I would love to get a response as to how we should simulate other 2" applications that are more comonly used. I have an excavation background and very knowledgeable when it comes to mainlines and sewer leads. Interior plumbing is not my strong suit

Information will be available very soon on our website about the 2" system. We have two styles of packers. One will do an 18" long patch that can be pushed thru multiple bends such as 90's. The other is designed to inflate in a fitting such as a 2-way in a hotel with back to back toilets. That patch is 12" long. Recent additions are also 18"-24" diameter and Elbow Patches for 45's and 90's.

Thanks Gene for having my back while awaiting a response!

I would be more than glad to speak to anyone in regards to PipePatch, rather good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          this is what i posted a few days ago from another thread.

numbers were generated from 2 weeks ago.

rick.
          Rick,

It is true that costs have gone up. We changed our packers to be more versatile and offer a better product. We have also included additions to the kits as well. We cannot control the cost of raw materials. Everything has gone up in manufacturing.

The pushrods and repair kits is what sets us apart. Look into some other systems and you will see that they require two access points. How often do you have two easily accessable points of entry in a lateral? Our repair kits come pre-measured with everything included: Nitrile work gloves, work surface, vinyl tape, zip-ties, protective sleeves, spatulas, fiberglass, resin (NOT EPOXY), work instructions, and a checklist printed on the box. Our 2-part resin is in one bag seperating the base and hardener. This makes for an exact mix, all contained and easy to pour. No one else does this.

I welcome your constructive critisism and points taken. When the average job to do a trenchless repair using a full liner runs about $6,000 and the cost assosiated to get into the business of full lining is in the tens of thousands, it kind of takes a long time to get a return on investment. Most Installers get anywhere from $1500 - $3500 for a spot repair. The cost of a 4" system is around $2500 - $3,000, not to mention usually a one man job. Take all of that into consideration and put in perspective, it is a great deal and affordable to get in to. Keep in mind that the packers and pushrods are your investment and generally a one time purchase. After that you purchase repair kits at ~ $300.

I'm not on this forum to sell product, but take a proactive approach by addressing concerns and to educate. I think that this is a great stream for learning and sharing of information with proffesionals. I have read some of your threads and have gained some product knowledge from you.

Thanks,

Chad

Comment

Tony,

We can make repairs from 2-24" in diameter in 24 and 48" lengths. We have just recently launched our 2" system for repairs on kitchen lines and things to that nature. The material that we use for this system bonds very well to itself, so you can overlap patches and line full sections of pipe. I could point you in the right direction if you would like to speak with someone who has personally used PipePatch for a similar application to what you are describing. For you to get into repairs from, say, 2-4" you are probably looking at between $3,000 and $4,000.

-Mike

Comment

My pipe patch kit is Yellow and weighs 8 tons
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                My pipe patch kit is Yellow and weighs 8 tons
                LOL is it a backhoe?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  LOL is it a backhoe?
                  lol
                  It's not a backhoe it's me wearing a rain jacket holding a shovel.
                  What can I say other than it rains allot in Oregon.

Someone call a plumber there's been a leak over our state for the past week now.

Comment

Mike,
                    Thank you for your response. You may have forgotten but we talked on the phone last week when i called you. You were very helpful and i thank you. I will be purchasing this system this summer after getting some more education on it. i would love for you to mail me a packet of the system and some demo-tapes of some sort on one-man installation procedures.i run across ALOT of situations where i think i could profit off of using your system.

thanks,
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      LOL is it a backhoe?
                      Yup, with a 19 ft extendahoe
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                        lol
                        It's not a backhoe it's me wearing a rain jacket holding a shovel.
                        What can I say other than it rains allot in Oregon.

Someone call a plumber there's been a leak over our state for the past week now.
                        2 wonderful years in COOS BAY , It's still in My heart

Comment

[quote=toolaholic;228138]2 wonderful years in COOS BAY , It's still in My heart[/quot

Are you still water logged?

Comment

Boy after last nights gully washer, I thought I'd need a boat to get to work today. Did you guys get that down in Salem Dan?
                            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                              Boy after last nights gully washer, I thought I'd need a boat to get to work today. Did you guys get that down in Salem Dan?
                              It was just a light rain the same it's been for the last two weeks. We had it bad on Monday though Trees getting blow over, all the fun stuff. It's like the ice loosed them this winter and rains and wind blows them over in the spring.
                              Last edited by DanLawrence; 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM. Reason: I should edit but I am being lazy

Comment

Working...
                              X