K-39AF cable question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39AF cable question

I have to replace the cable on my K-39AF, but after looking on the Ridgid website I didnt know what cable to buy. The below information is what is listed.

Part number

62225 CABLE C1
    56782 C1 IC 25' NTW
    89400 CABLE, C21
    56792 CABLE, C13 IC 35' NTW
    95847 CABLE, C13 ICSB 5/16 X 35

I also wanted to know when or where to use a drop head cable or if I can get various attachments to use with any of the K-39AF cables available through the Rigid website.

Thanks in advance

Re: K-39AF cable question

It depends on what level of drain cleaning you are doing. What size pipes?

If you want to interchange tools/heads you need one of the 3/8" cables. The 5/16" cable comes with a specific head, they don't appear to be interchangeable.
    How often do you clear anything under 1 1/4"?

Comment

Nope. Normally its just a tubs and kitchen sinks in a four unit apartment building. Can I change cable sizes with that tool? If not then I will just stick to the standard cable that came with the machine.

I didnt know which cable to buy because of all the choices in my original post. All the alfa numeric codes geeez.

I saw the 5/16 standard cable and the 5/16 drop head cable and wanted to know the use for the drop head too.

Comment

Some places have back to back fixtures or side by side lavs. The drop head is so that the snake will go down the drain pipe not across into the other fixture.

Comment

stick with the standard 5/16'' bulb head cable. buy an additional cable like the drop head.

always remove the cable from the drum if you want it to last. wet cables inside of drums don't work very well when you need it the next time.

takes only seconds to remove and a minute to install it when needed.

drain the drum/ remove it when it starts to spit water as it spins.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you both for your input. With all that said.... which cable should I purchase that is listed on the rigid website (also listed below)

Part number name

62225 CABLE C1
            56782 C1 IC 25' NTW
            89400 CABLE, C21
            56792 CABLE, C13 IC 35' NTW
            95847 CABLE, C13 ICSB 5/16 X 35

I have no idea what the C13, IC, ICSB or NTW mean any help?
            Last edited by ERT; 04-17-2009, 05:02 AM. Reason: to add more info

Comment

Working...
            X