Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Can my K-500 bore thru self leveling floor patch?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my K-500 bore thru self leveling floor patch?

I ran into two cases in two days at two different restaurants where some schmucks poured their excess concrete floor patch down floor drains. Both drains are 4" cast iron, I was able to break up the stuff in the bottom of the trap, but I wasn't able to dig the stuff out of the horizontal part. I have 1-1/4" open wind cables for my machine. Can they get thru a trap and the concrete? Or can muriatic acid dissolve the stuff?

Re: Can my K-500 bore thru self leveling floor patch?

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
    I ran into two cases in two days at two different restaurants where some schmucks poured their excess concrete floor patch down floor drains. Both drains are 4" cast iron, I was able to break up the stuff in the bottom of the trap, but I wasn't able to dig the stuff out of the horizontal part. I have 1-1/4" open wind cables for my machine. Can they get thru a trap and the concrete? Or can muriatic acid dissolve the stuff?
    Most likely but it will take some work. I had an 8" line at the studios with a bunch of cement and was able to clean it.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Most likely but it will take some work. I had an 8" line at the studios with a bunch of cement and was able to clean it.

Mark
      How did you do it? I run into it sometime but usually have a crawlspace. Just cut it out and replace.

But I might run into a slab sometime.

J.C.

Comment

You just need to fill the line with water and grind away with a h-cutter or a 4-blade cutter. You are not talking chunks out you are chipping pieces out. I also cleared a 20" culvert pipe packed solid with mud and sand from a mud slide but it took a fire hose with my machine to get it done.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...&highlight=k60

I used the 4 bladed bit for that job. A chain knocker is advertised to knock concrete loose and they have carbide bits to go through concrete but I have no experience with either blade.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Unfortunately, the blockage is in the 4" p-trap itself. The cable doesn't have a chance to to turn and go horizontal.

Comment

there's Water Jetting Services for that.

Comment

THERES ALSO JACKHAMMERS FOR THAT ! !
                IF IT DOE'S NOT WORK GOING THOUGH THE TRAP,
                THEN JUST USE IT ON THE FLOOR OUTSIDE
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                  Unfortunately, the blockage is in the 4" p-trap itself. The cable doesn't have a chance to to turn and go horizontal.
                  i had a lot of 6'' traps, both pvc and no hub that had concrete in them.

the concrete finisher removed the protective duct tape while finishing the troff drains at 4 different dog pounds.

i had good results with my 1.25'' cable, and timberwolf drill.

i even made my own chain knocker.

the jetter was good for a final flush, but i couldn't get the nozzle to aim in the proper direction as using a rear jet nozzle was a mess since it was only in less than a foot. i used a front 0 degree nozzle with a wire rope leader to help aim the 3500# blast of water.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
                    what about a 4" trap? Can 1-1/4" open wind start making the bend and eat the concrete out?

Comment

You will need a trap leader for the 1-1/4" cable. Put it through a piece of 1-1/2 PVC sleeve to keep from twisting up on you. You have to try a variety of heads to see which one gets you through. I say try Gear Junkies favorite, the 4 blade spear head. That ought to do it.

How hard was it to break up the stuff in the trap?

Comment

Working...
                      X