It finally happened to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It finally happened to me

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you .

Good post Rick, good you got it tackled . Like it's been said, most wouldn't have put this out there to be seen . You just put untold years of experience under some belts out there that would take a lifetime of COs to acquire. BRAVO !

I have a question . How often , if ever , do y'all see a blueprint of the plumbing in any of your jobs ? Commercial or residential . Is that something y'all ever get to look at ? I ask, because I work with blueprints in my occupation everyday. Just curious.

ct

Comment

Originally posted by cool tool View Post
      Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you .

Good post Rick, good you got it tackled . Like it's been said, most wouldn't have put this out there to be seen . You just put untold years of experience under some belts out there that would take a lifetime of COs to acquire. BRAVO !

I have a question . How often , if ever , do y'all see a blueprint of the plumbing in any of your jobs ? Commercial or residential . Is that something y'all ever get to look at ? I ask, because I work with blueprints in my occupation everyday. Just curious.

ct
      A little over a month ago I had a customer with a leak on his six inch PVC irrigation line that was also connected to the complex's water features.It was in the ditch with two other 8" lines that ended up being drainage.Had it not been for the plans there would have been even more time wasted doing exploritory research.

This actually brings up a thought though.All the custom homes I've designed plumbing for I've never had anyone request as-builts(some take pictures).Now that I'm going into these older customs I'm thinking they would be nice to save time charged to the owners for rooting around looking for a cleanout.

Comment

Originally posted by cool tool View Post

ct
        when i work on high rise jobs that have issues, i usually ask to see the plans. it helps me determine whats on the stack since fixtures don't stack from the units above.

on new homes and remodels that turned bad, pictures are always better than prints.

i always advise the owner to take photos and or videos of the job prior to covering the ground and walls.

now with digital, it's a no brainer to archive these important photos for both maintenance issues and legal issues

rick,
        phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, Joey informed me the jokes on me. Never hurts to ask; always looking for a good deal. Even new at full price, the K60 is not an expensive machine compared to the larger drum setups. I am interested in the IC cable everyone is using with it. Til now I didn't know the K60 would turn anything but the large open wind cable made for it. Rick, how do you keep the mess level down inside a home with a sectional? That's my biggest concern.

Comment

OMG........

and to think this looks like it`s even in a combo .....lol.
            I aint saying a word.....
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
              Yeah, Joey informed me the jokes on me. Never hurts to ask; always looking for a good deal. Even new at full price, the K60 is not an expensive machine compared to the larger drum setups. I am interested in the IC cable everyone is using with it. Til now I didn't know the K60 would turn anything but the large open wind cable made for it. Rick, how do you keep the mess level down inside a home with a sectional? That's my biggest concern.
              outside i typically never use the rear guide hose. unless i'm working in the plants and ivy.

inside with the 7/8'' cable i use the rear guide hose. on 5/8'' i use a bucket or mortar tray.

remember that the sectional cable spins over 3 times faster than a drum and it's open wind cable. the speed will spin off any moisture and the open wind will not collect water like a tight drum cable.

this is assuming that you cleared the drain and are able to flush the line with water. if it's still plugged, there will be liquid present and the cable will come back wet.

either way, all that's exposed in the front is the same as a drum.

90% of my jobs are outside with no guide hose. the 10% that are inside is no different than when i used drums. you need to pay attention to cleanliness. the great thing is the k-60 requires no wheels to roll over the white carpets.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                outside i typically never use the rear guide hose. unless i'm working in the plants and ivy.

inside with the 7/8'' cable i use the rear guide hose. on 5/8'' i use a bucket or mortar tray.

remember that the sectional cable spins over 3 times faster than a drum and it's open wind cable. the speed will spin off any moisture and the open wind will not collect water like a tight drum cable.

this is assuming that you cleared the drain and are able to flush the line with water. if it's still plugged, there will be liquid present and the cable will come back wet.

either way, all that's exposed in the front is the same as a drum.

90% of my jobs are outside with no guide hose. the 10% that are inside is no different than when i used drums. you need to pay attention to cleanliness. the great thing is the k-60 requires no wheels to roll over the white carpets.

rick.
                I would have thought that the red carpet would be more appropriate.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                  I would have thought that the red carpet would be more appropriate.

Simon
                  you're right

ridgid rolled out the red carpet for us last year

i guess they didn't want adams boots to get their office floor dirty

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    you're right

ridgid rolled out the red carpet for us last year

i guess they didn't want adams boots to get their office floor dirty

rick.
                    Why are you always picking on Adam?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We're more polite to strangers than our own family.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        We're more polite to strangers than our own family.

Comment

Are those ugly gloves you are wearing and if so are they good with the k 60?

Comment

funny as i show them in a picture, but haven't used them for a good year on the sectional machines.

i find a pair of leather gloves wear better and don't melt. the higher rpm's 625 of the sectional burn them up in thumb/ forefinger spot.

the $1.50 leather gloves get more life and more bang for the bucks.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Where is All Clear Sewer these days, and is he going to the roundup?

I have an event on the 13th, 400 person event at a location that twice I couldn't get in to do, but this time I can.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X