X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan 100 cleaned 4" trap full of concrete

Hooray for me! My Spartan 100 got a monster workout today. I was able to cleaned out a 4" trap full of self leveling concrete patch. There is no spear/spade tool for this, and I had to use a small greasecutter type tool. Bad news is it took about 3 hours, not just rodding, but pounding the concrete with a pice of 1/2" cooper to break up the big slug in the trap. I must have pulled out 8 knives and a couple pounds of broken glass/china out of the trap. Would a Timberwolf drill and a short section of 1-1/4" with a boring bit be able to get thru a 4" trap? I have one more of these floor drains to cleanout and I don't want to spend that much time on it.

Re: Spartan 100 cleaned 4" trap full of concrete

i have a section of 1.25'' innercore that's 4' long. very stiff and strong.

i wouldn't attempt a 4'' trap with it as it's too stiff. the non innercore would work better.

isn't the spartan 100 a 3/8'' or 1/2'' cable?

good job, post photos

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It's 1/2" cable. I used it to open up a residential sewer where the sewer line in the yard settles and is an inch lower than the cast iron through the footing. Then about 4 miles to the Red Lobster where I worked on that drain for about 3 hours, getting aching knees and back in the process. Here's a picture of some of the stuff I pulled out.
      Attached Files

Comment

The 100 is a little beast I love that machine.I had the same sit. used a hammer and 3' chisel along with my 300 and spear blade and it was tough. Good work with the 100.

Comment

Working...
        X