X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursing Home Sewer Treasures

We spent several days jetting a local nursing home and found many interesting things in the sewer. Here a few pics. I will have video to follow.
    Attached Files
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Nursing Home Sewer Treasures

the best is when i found floating, inflated condoms in the sump pit

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

those look like digging tools.

maybe they're trying to dig their way out.

Vince

thanks for the pics

Comment

Nice Pics Jake. what is the last one? Is that a diamond?

Comment

I would have bet one of your finds would be a set of dentures. Keep those photos coming!

Comment

How do spoons and forks get passed traps. That is where I usually find them jammed right in there.

Comment

I read this article a while back if you haven't read it, it is a must read. The story is about the gold found in Japanese sewers.

http://www.iii.co.uk/shares/?type=ne...action=article

Comment

Interesting Article. Time to head down into the sewers in search for precious metals.

I got to thinking the other day. I wonder how much gold and silver is settled into some of the old sewers around here. Change goes down the drain pretty often. Jewelry gets flushed. etc.

Maybe I could start selling sewer cameras to treasure hunters ;-)

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                I read this article a while back if you haven't read it, it is a must read. The story is about the gold found in Japanese sewers.

http://www.iii.co.uk/shares/?type=ne...action=article

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                  How do spoons and forks get passed traps. That is where I usually find them jammed right in there.
                  I would guess from a floorsink in the kitchen?

Comment

That's what I was thinking, with no grate or broken grate. they should use strainers and make sure that they all have grates on them

Comment

I'm guessing they don't want that stuff back . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
                        You needed Service Guy and his patented utensil pulling K7500.

(Someone find the pics.)

J.C.
                        AHH... Nursing homes, I work for two.

I don't know what's better for business, the poor senile old folks or the nursing assistants. Both.

Found it

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...47&postcount=1

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

about 20 odd years ago I cleaned out a main line leading to a nursing home from an out side trash catch screen. I found false teeth, 1 ring, several eye glasses, gold neck chains, a watch, a pocket knife from a watch fob, and forks, spoons, and table knifes, I turned it in cleaned as best I could to the head nurse. Except for the table ware that I gave a pitch. I figured they would try to use it again and I hoped that a drain cleaner in the day's to come would do the same if I was ever in there. I did turn in the teeth as that cost's real money and I found a pair in a septic tank one time and the HO said they were the best pair he ever had. He had lost them one night after having too much to drink. The worst part was he was smiling with them in his mouth as I drove away.

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                            about 20 odd years ago I cleaned out a main line leading to a nursing home from an out side trash catch screen. I found false teeth, 1 ring, several eye glasses, gold neck chains, a watch, a pocket knife from a watch fob, and forks, spoons, and table knifes, I turned it in cleaned as best I could to the head nurse. Except for the table ware that I gave a pitch. I figured they would try to use it again and I hoped that a drain cleaner in the day's to come would do the same if I was ever in there. I did turn in the teeth as that cost's real money and I found a pair in a septic tank one time and the HO said they were the best pair he ever had. He had lost them one night after having too much to drink. The worst part was he was smiling with them in his mouth as I drove away.
                            That's above and beyond wrong!

Comment

Great pictures, it's always interesting. Sewer video's are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X