X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I seen a posting for that neat k-60 stand, cant find that posting, does anyone know where I can buy one, Help. K-60 is the coolest peice of equipment but flooded basements not so cool.

Re: Help

If the flood is so bad that you have to raise the machine to work....

YOU SHOULD NOT SNAKE IN A FLOODED BASEMENT!!!

PUMP IT FIRST

IF YOUR K-60 FALLS INTO A FLOOD THAT YOU ARE WORKING IN YOU WILL GET DEAD VERY QUICKLY.

What are you thinking

(I could be overreacting though...lol)
    Last edited by OkieBill; 04-24-2009, 01:21 AM. Reason: I read into things alot:-)

Comment

how come i don't know about a cool k-60 stand

i've used trash cans to raise the machine to the 4' level of wall c/o.

other than a block, i don't know of any manufactured stand.

but i could always make 1 if i needed it.

so far in the hundreds of k-60 jobs, i've never needed 1. i've even strapped one on top of a 8' ladder.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Could he be referring to this for an old Suitcase type?

http://www.toolsdirect.com/index.cfm...LAID=203639399

J.C.

Comment

I did some Google image searching a while back.A guy had modified a hand truck for his K-60.Cable and machine.What I really like that he shared a picture of where he had welded a 7/8 coupling inside his cage to keep the end of his first section from popping out.
          Now,once again I find myself pissed I did not save something cool.

Comment

I thought Ben made the hand cart K-60 Carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              If the flood is so bad that you have to raise the machine to work....

YOU SHOULD NOT SNAKE IN A FLOODED BASEMENT!!!

PUMP IT FIRST

IF YOUR K-60 FALLS INTO A FLOOD THAT YOU ARE WORKING IN YOU WILL GET DEAD VERY QUICKLY.

What are you thinking

(I could be overreacting though...lol)
              i'm also a master electrician. no you will not be electrocuted when it falls in the soup. but if you touch it in there that is a whole different matter. still probably not. the reason that there are gfci's by hot tubs and pools are that people will involuntarily reach for what ever appliance that goes toward the water. you will grab at machine. you think you won't, oh yes you will. it's oh $hit $2000.00. what i can guarantee is that you will be sending the unit off to the service center. it's life was just shortened. maybe you can get it dried out enough to use with out servicing it. that will really shorten the life of unit. put it on ebay like everybody else that doesn't what the buyer to be able to take you personal. (by the way i don't think you should do that.) okiebill is right pump the basement. breid

Comment

my k-60 stand is a milk crate and a bungie cord!

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  i'm also a master electrician. no you will not be electrocuted when it falls in the soup. but if you touch it in there that is a whole different matter. still probably not. the reason that there are gfci's by hot tubs and pools are that people will involuntarily reach for what ever appliance that goes toward the water. you will grab at machine. you think you won't, oh yes you will. it's oh $hit $2000.00. what i can guarantee is that you will be sending the unit off to the service center. it's life was just shortened. maybe you can get it dried out enough to use with out servicing it. that will really shorten the life of unit. put it on ebay like everybody else that doesn't what the buyer to be able to take you personal. (by the way i don't think you should do that.) okiebill is right pump the basement. breid
                  I hear you. I bought my share of junk off EBay. One old suite case type K 60 almost took my eye but I did get a good general maxi-Rooter and a Ridgid 39 and a 40 and 1 good Marco and 1 bad one, two bad K 50's

Comment

PUMP THE BASEMENT!!!!! Dang nothing like having 3 or 4 inches of water flying down the floor drain after I get it unplugged!!!! I wouldn't give up that kind of fun

Comment

Im with saysflushable, its always cool seeing how well the concrete was poored

Comment

Originally posted by Drainsdonecheap View Post
                        I seen a posting for that neat k-60 stand, cant find that posting, does anyone know where I can buy one, Help. K-60 is the coolest peice of equipment but flooded basements not so cool.
                        that's why i have a K-75

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Adam,

I remember what you're refering too. The guy that made the stand was named Pete I think. If I remember right, he was a writer and former plumber and mostly tried to help plumber succeed in business. I think he wrote for the Cleaner. And no, I don't have the thread with his picture. I did however make myself a cart that I find extremely useful as everything is taken in one shot. Don't know where that thread is either. Yup, not much help here from me.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Possibly this

http://drainbiz.blogspot.com/2008/01...r-aquajet.html

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

here's the issue i see with that set up.

sure it's cleaver and a nice job.

but it's a dedicated cart. it can't be used to carry a water heater anymore. so now you carry another dolly for a machine that was designed for carrying by hand.

sure, i've used my dolly to carry my k-60 and 165' of cable. but it's a dolly with nothing welded on it. when i finish it goes back in my van and it's ready for any job from moving a water heater to a washing machine.

as far as a camera cart. that's a waste too. he still rolls his seesnake and uses the cart to carry the monitor and a deep cycle battery and power inverter.

the machine a lot of us us are battery powered and can be carried with the camera in 1 trip.

sure if space is no problem in your truck or van, great. but for most, space is a serious concern.

if you already carry a dolly, then you already have a cart that can be used for everything.

here's my new aluminum 3 in 1 dolly i got a couple weeks ago from costco.

$92.00 and rated for 1000# in the cart position.

rick.

Attached Files
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X