Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baby wipes

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
    I believe most baby wipes claim they are flushable. Thats why people always tell me it says flushable. Maybe a few of you that use them could confirm this......................
    You are right. The packages do say flushable. Most tampon packages say it too. I always wonder what would happen if any of these people called the companies with their plumbing bill to complain and request they reimburse them for the bill. I think the gimick is that they are flushable, they just can't make it all the way down the sewer drain.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I remember someone saying the "G diaper" companies where good for reimbursement.
      Not sure how true that was or if they still do.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        gt not one up you, but i started with my father at 4. except i didn't help, he just told me how to do it. now that may sound bad, but it wasn't he only told you once and you'd better remember. you will be a quick learner. your right about the bucks. honey pays well, very well. we're dippin money. i love it. you know if i wasn't doin this i'd have to have a real job. breid
        I was 6 when my dad started his own company before that he worked at the local treatment plant cleaning drains so I went with him there to clean drains he took me in the truck with him as there was no baby sitter. So if your talking just going and not working and just having him tell you how to do it then I guess I was less then one. I cant remember when I helped for the first time . At 6 I was running the machine as he watched the cable feed in ( an Eel sec.). Like you said not to one up you. My son went with me at two years but he didn't work he just gave advice.

Comment

Well not to one up anybody but I remember going to the drive-in with my dad and then going home with my mom. I guess you could say dad was snaking the pipe

G3

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
            I was 6 when my dad started his own company before that he worked at the local treatment plant cleaning drains so I went with him there to clean drains he took me in the truck with him as there was no baby sitter. So if your talking just going and not working and just having him tell you how to do it then I guess I was less then one. I cant remember when I helped for the first time . At 6 I was running the machine as he watched the cable feed in ( an Eel sec.). Like you said not to one up you. My son went with me at two years but he didn't work he just gave advice.
            I have a two yr old and I know exactly what you mean......lol...it seems the older one gets as a child then preteen then teenager you seem to know more than any one else. As you get old into your twenty's and thirty's you get dumber and once you hit your forty's it seems that you become the wiser again. All the way until your back into dipers....

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              You are right. The packages do say flushable. Most tampon packages say it too. I always wonder what would happen if any of these people called the companies with their plumbing bill to complain and request they reimburse them for the bill. I think the gimick is that they are flushable, they just can't make it all the way down the sewer drain.

I tell customers toilet paper breaks down in water. Wipes and tampons don't. Tampons are designed to absorb liquid, not break down. People usually say "Oh, yeah, that makes sense"

I also tell my customers that a perfectly installed sewer line that has not at all been effected by subsidence is required for a tampon or baby wipe to be flushable. And that underground sewer line does not exist here, or anywhere probably.

(we live on filled in swamp land which never stops sinking, and have a high water table because we're 6 to 8 feet below see level)

I had a lady tell me once that its worth the convenience to let them drop if she only has to call me once per year.

This thread should be hidden from the general public. Keeping tampons and baby wipes out of the sewer is like taking food out of our families mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                I have a two yr old and I know exactly what you mean......lol...it seems the older one gets as a child then preteen then teenager you seem to know more than any one else. As you get old into your twenty's and thirty's you get dumber and once you hit your forty's it seems that you become the wiser again. All the way until your back into dipers....
                I know what you mean. When I was a teen I thought my Dad was the dumbest scourge around. But the older I got the smarter he got and more generous. He has been gone for meany years now and IM the Dad and I cant figure out how he is still getting smarter. When one of my kids say's something about how I don't do things the way they would do it I just think of the way I use to think of my Dad. And I hope when they have kids of there own maybe I wont seem so dumb. But some people grow old and wise and some just grow old. I think the only way you can get any smart's is to figure out how dumb you was IM still figuring reckon I will be till I die

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  I tell customers toilet paper breaks down in water. Wipes and tampons don't. Tampons are designed to absorb liquid, not break down. People usually say "Oh, yeah, that makes sense"

I also tell my customers that a perfectly installed sewer line that has not at all been effected by subsidence is required for a tampon or baby wipe to be flushable. And that underground sewer line does not exist here, or anywhere probably.

(we live on filled in swamp land which never stops sinking, and have a high water table because we're 6 to 8 feet below see level)

I had a lady tell me once that its worth the convenience to let them drop if she only has to call me once per year.

This thread should be hidden from the general public. Keeping tampons and baby wipes out of the sewer is like taking food out of our families mouths.
                  Doesn't matter. People don't care. They do what they want despite being warned. Fine by me.

Comment

Come all you Drain Cleaners. You want people to flush baby wipes and paper towels down toilets so you
                    can keep busy and make some more $$$.
                    Let fools use their toilet as a trash can. It means more $$$ for you.

On the other hand most of us do know better than to flush any manor of paper products other than toilet paper.
                    At home it may pay off to have a small trash can with a plastic bag in it near the toilet for those "just in case" items.
                    Making it easy NOT to flush the wrong items and just drop them into the bag may well help.

Attention Plumber Rick and other inventor types: How about working on a special grabber you can attach to sections of drain
                    cleaning cable for retrieving baby wipes and wads of paper goods?
                    Last edited by Woussko; 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                      I had quite a few "white mice" from an inside main last week....
                      The tenants thought the toilet was a garbage can.

How did you get that job? Did you have to pull a few strings.....

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                        Doesn't matter. People don't care. They do what they want despite being warned. Fine by me.
                        that brother is a MONEY statement. stupid/ignorant folks mean food on my table, rum in my glass, another mortgage payment, and (hopefully) a new Les Paul in my future

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Here's some we caught with the 300 machine at a school for disabled kids. We removed nearly an entire plastic grocery bag worth.
                          Attached Files
                          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                            that brother is a money statement. Stupid/ignorant folks mean food on my table, rum in my glass, another mortgage payment, and (hopefully) a new les paul in my future

Steve
                            rock on

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                              Come all you Drain Cleaners. You want people to flush baby wipes and paper towels down toilets so you
                              can keep busy and make some more $$$.
                              Let fools use their toilet as a trash can. It means more $$$ for you.

On the other hand most of us do know better than to flush any manor of paper products other than toilet paper.
                              At home it may pay off to have a small trash can with a plastic bag in it near the toilet for those "just in case" items.
                              Making it easy NOT to flush the wrong items and just drop them into the bag may well help.

Attention Plumber Rick and other inventor types: How about working on a special grabber you can attach to sections of drain
                              cleaning cable for retrieving baby wipes and wads of paper goods?
                              I have tried this at home but my wife refuses to do anything but flush her tampons. So I have her flushing twice. Once for the tampon once for the rest. Seems to have helped.

Comment

a newer all plastic waste system will flush everything, including baby wipes, dental floss and tampons.

but remember that unless the home is brand new construction, chances are there is piping that is not smooth and slick.

cast iron is very rough and porous, and clay typically has some form of roots to catch the non dissolvable products.

i always explain to my customers that think the word flushable meas that the wipes can make it to the city sewer.

flushable meas that it can get through a smooth toilet porcelain fixture 3'. that's it. the rest of the 100' run is where it gets hung up.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X