Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby wipes

another reason to read the package.

wipes should not be flushed, but disposed of into a trash can.

2 weeks worth of wipes.

wipes + roots = k-60 to the rescue.

60' run with the 4''x 3'' cutter to remove wipes and roots. then another 45' run from the front c/o into the 6'' main.

customer never read the package stating not to be flushed.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Baby wipes

Wipes are the worst!

They are tuff to chop so they clog the cutters. Most times I run into them it is multiple in and out runs with the retriever.

Same goes for flushable diapers (G diapers)

Comment

bill, i find that running forward and then reverse will wash them off the cutter/ cable and with the hose running, wash them down stream.

as long as it's outside with no possibly way to back up into the house

the lady has only been using them a couple of weeks. between the roots and wipes, it loads up the cable and cutter.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I had quite a few "white mice" from an inside main last week....
        The tenants thought the toilet was a garbage can.

Comment

RICK
          It is time to clean up the k-60. It looks a little dirty.

Comment

hey plumber rick. what kind of wax should we use on a k-60? not sayin nothin now, just askin, just askin. breid

Comment

I'm shocked you even used your beloved K-60 in such a dirty line.

after roots I'd say wipes are my most common clog. Now they are marketing them as not only for babies but household cleaning as well. I love it $$$.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

my k-60 is my daily do-er

it's not afraid to get down and dirty.

all it ask for is a little wipe down and a squirt of oil.

for what i put it through, it's not asking for much.

i made a small shelf at the rear of my van to give me easy access and it's always in view when i open the door.

like a dog with it's tongue waving in the wind

1 day i will clean her up and show her off.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  my k-60 is my daily do-er

it's not afraid to get down and dirty.

all it ask for is a little wipe down and a squirt of oil.

for what i put it through, it's not asking for much.

i made a small shelf at the rear of my van to give me easy access and it's always in view when i open the door.

like a dog with it's tongue waving in the wind

1 day i will clean her up and show her off.

rick.
                  I thought it rode "shotgun" with the seat belt on and the air bag to protect it.
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                    I had quite a few "white mice" from an inside main last week....
                    The tenants thought the toilet was a garbage can.

That job is a $300 service call no matter what.

I haven't done a real bad one in a long time. and I'd prefer not too.

Clear water clogs *even though it's just as dangerous* I do without second thinking, but at some point in my profession, knowing what I'm dealing with....I have to step back and wonder WTF! am I doing in these matters.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I never could keep any help after they went with me on a job like that or when you had to walk through sh*t to get to a clogged drain or smelled a basement that was backed up. But I got started with my dad as a 6 year old and when someone asks how I can stand the sight and smell of it I just tell them it looks and smells like money to me. I also like Tide laundry soap powdered or liquid 99% of the soap clogs I get are from tide or cascade powder dish washer soap. there always amazed how I know what kind of soap they use.

Comment

I believe most baby wipes claim they are flushable. Thats why people always tell me it says flushable. Maybe a few of you that use them could confirm this......................

Comment

Jay,
                          that pic is awesome. Great color, crisp detail, great resolution. It almost made barf, seriously. Good job, bro.

Comment

1st job this morning retrieved about 12 sewer mice. tenant got booted on the spot. she claimed they weren't hers but she's the only female in the 3X complex. sux to be her tonight

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

gt not one up you, but i started with my father at 4. except i didn't help, he just told me how to do it. now that may sound bad, but it wasn't he only told you once and you'd better remember. you will be a quick learner. your right about the bucks. honey pays well, very well. we're dippin money. i love it. you know if i wasn't doin this i'd have to have a real job. breid

Comment

Working...
                              X