Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dishonest Tactics

Originally posted by Willbur View Post
    your saying plumbers are dishonest, yet your promoting rootx?
    And your point is
    I can see the benefits of him working this angle.It's transparent and a little close to the edge but I appreciate the rubbing.

Adam

Comment

I never said plumbers where dishonest! I was merely pointing out that there are somethings going on out there that are dishonest. These things happens and few seem to talk about it. Sewer line replacements are very necessary at times. But when a company lies about the situation to try and create business that is dishonest............ Sure there may be a few select companies that do. Most companies are honest, hard working companies that are out there doing every thing they can to make and honest living. This forum is all about sharing your stories and ideas. I am on here as a former drain cleaner and installer of septic tanks and sewer systems I have done it all. I grew up in family business at the age of twelve i was digging ditches in the summer time. I am on here representing myself and my company. I love this line of work I do believe there is honor in it and when those few out there want try and ruin it for the rest of us. THEN I WILL CALL THEM OUT! If you find me being on here dishonest that is your opinion. However on this Sunday afternoon I am not on the clock yet I am still here. If I did not care out what I do, if I did not have passion for what I do then why would I be here?

Comment

promoting is not the same as telling some one they need something they don't.
        He did'nt say everyone needs rootx. Just that it were covered. I think he was trying to be funny.

Rootx isn't that expensive.

Comment

I was trying to be funny, thanks for seeing that. Let me be very clear and completely transparent. I have a few motives for my participation in all of this. One is to learn more about the industry and the tools. Ridgid makes some of the best tools on the market today hands down. Second is to promote my companies product , I would be lying if I said that was not part of this. Third is to build relationships just as most of you are. I am not here to sell anything to any one I believe that would be abusive and disrespectful to Ridgid. I was asked to be apart of this forum by several companies that use my companies product. If I am approached for more information on the product, so be it. I was hoping this would never be an issue but at this time I hope I have cleared the air on that. I have the alot of respect for you guys and your proffesionalism and I love the hundreds of posts I have read. I know I am new here so if having my companies logo up there and having info about what I do in my profile is a problem that can be changed. I can just be Dan Lawrence the man not the RootX guy.
          Last edited by DanLawrence; 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

You were invited (and welcomed) to this forum as Dan the RootX man because we had questions regarding your product. You have answered those questions and continue to be a positive member of this forum.

I have yet to see you push/promote your product on us.

I have seen you represent your product in a professional manner and see no problem with you continuing to do that.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Dan, your an honest man who asks honest questions and gives us honest answers.I read your posts and you're always supporting and encouraging us so You stick around and be Dan Lawrence the root-x man.That's fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                That's why my biz cards say on the back "Does you're sewer really needreplacement? Call for a professional 2nd opinion"

I can't recall the exact number of mainlines that I couldn't clear or were broken or collapsed, but I can tell you it ain't very many. Probably on average 1 per year. I'm not talking about your typical sewer with some offsets and maybe a small belly, I talking completely unclearable, mud-on-the-cable, broken. Very few and far between even here in earthquake country. WAY too many non- drain cleaning co's out there trying to sell things to people that they don't need.

You're right DanLawrence, there isn't any glamour in drain cleaning but there's plenty of honor for the taking. It's nice being able to sleep at night.

You should move out east then. We have loads of orangeburg pipe collapsing around here. Alomst every home I go to that si built between 1950s and 1970s has the stuff and they NEED new sewerlines. So I see a TON of sewers that need to be replaced. If you are at all familiar with orangeburg pipe, you'll know what I am talking about. Sometimes I can get them flowing, but I always recommend replacement ASAP, because 99% of the time the orangeburg is on the brink of completely collapsing in on itself. Whoever invented this stuff is making plumber's VERY BUSY!$$$
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Here is a picture of deformed, collapsed orangeburg pipe for those of you who are not familiar with it. Posted by Allclear after he replaced the sewer.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

We have that out here in Oregon and allot of the time we had to replace it. It would just get crushed and most of the time fill full of dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      You should move out east then. We have loads of orangeburg pipe collapsing around here. Alomst every home I go to that si built between 1950s and 1970s has the stuff and they NEED new sewerlines. So I see a TON of sewers that need to be replaced. If you are at all familiar with orangeburg pipe, you'll know what I am talking about. Sometimes I can get them flowing, but I always recommend replacement ASAP, because 99% of the time the orangeburg is on the brink of completely collapsing in on itself. Whoever invented this stuff is making plumber's VERY BUSY!$$$
                      I know and agree with you on orangeburg
                      http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183626#post183626

Comment

thank you Root-X man for your product!!..i make good money off of selling Root-X AND it gives my customers OPTIONS on wat to do to repair their line. I give the customer the good-beTTER-BEST options...for example,"Ms.Jones we can either do option one which is replace the whole sewerline for $4,000"...or go to option two which is to do a 'Spot-Repair' for say $1,850-2,300 OR option three which is to instal the Root-X for an additional $250.00 which also carries a ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY!!! the warranty really helps to sell it.....Guys,try this on your next sewercall and you will sell all of your Root-X on your truck$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....you will also get alot of spot-repairs and complete sewer-line replacements too...it giving the customer 'options' is what i like.

Comment

Dan, I wish there was an easier way to vent about some of these companies out there that are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and also to praise the honest and reasonable plumbers. I initially used a company out of Seattle that told me they were hitting a clog they couldn't pass or clear after only 70' down my mainline. I later had a 2nd company come out and put a camera 95' out! This was 25' past the power auger! That first company was hell bent on me paying another $350 to run their own camera to see the real problem, while telling me of all the horrible things that could be causing the back-up. I did not trust them so I declined further service with them. I truly believe their technician was trying to get me to buy further service to increase that bottom line. He could have easily gotten through my clog as I found an honest plumber who did so a couple days later. I complained to the BBB and the company did not like it. My next step is to the Attorney General. Can we post names on here? I would sure like to warn people about them and what I feel are very questionable business practices.

Comment

I think the naming names thing is frowned upon by the forum administration, it's a shame to. I think all shady service deserves a calling out.

Any chance their name rhymes with moto scooter?
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I agree the only issue is if you have a dishonest tech but the company is a good company. You don't want run their name in the mud. I know some good companies that have 5,10,20 guys and some give commission on some services offered and every know and again they will get a guy that is dishonest. I know my family company had gone through four guys before they got one that was honest and hard working just for one position. So it's not all ways the company it's the person.

Comment

Was it ((((ROTO ROOTER))))
                                ROTFLMAO
                                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM.
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X