X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Urinal Snake

Been doing a lot more bar bathrooms and having a lot of urinal clogs the bad kind you know calcium as hard as rock. I prefer to snake them instead of remove them because old ones have bad wall mounts weird seals etc. So I took my old General Closet Auger and cut the end off with my plasma cutter, then sharpened the metal to a point. Has worked really well for 2 jobs now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cuda; 04-26-2009, 12:14 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Homemade Urinal Snake

That's really cool are you going to post a pic?

Comment

without pix it really didn't happen

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I am eyes and ears for this one. I have tons of restaurants and power plant urinals that I end up pulling and back augering. I would love a better way.

Comment

I like this idea, nice job dude, Im down for anything that works

Comment

Hello,

How are you guys currently cleaning urinals? Sink Machines, General Urinal Auger, Chemicals??

Renee
            Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by Renee View Post
              Hello,

How are you guys currently cleaning urinals? Sink Machines, General Urinal Auger, Chemicals??

Renee
              I usually pull the urinal and use chemicals.

Comment

Originally posted by Renee View Post
                Hello,

Renee
                Hammers, chisels and sawzalls. Followed up by a couple of Fernco couplings and PVC pipe.

Comment

Urinal augers are worthless. I end up pulling the urinal and backrod it using my closet auger. Why don't you guys take Cuda's idea and make a real urinal auger. Urinals usually need attention because of urine salts, not impacted stool or white mice. A sturdy closet auger, cut down to 2 foot would rock. No bulb, just a spear tip to break thru the urine salts, and there ya go. Send any royalties my way, huh?

Comment

I am thinking a flexible brush, like a baby bottle brush maybe a foot long... that goes on a drill. It has to be strong enough to clean the trap walls but soft enough as to not break the urinal.

Comment

You guys know that there are urinal augers available right?

Do a google search and you will see. They are not great though.

We use a piece of 1/2" conduit with a slight bend on it and a piece of inner core from rodding cable chucked in a cordless drill.

Wrap a bunch of electrical tape around the end of the conduit so as to not scratch the porcelain and bend a little kink on the end of the piece of inner core.

It works awesome. Oh and some calsi-solve to break down the calcium build up.
                      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Usually by the time I get to the urinal it's too late. All choked up with deposits. I always seem to get the bad ones too, like Irish pubs and Mcdonalds restaurants.

I've had several urinal augers and none last more than a few uses. It's only poking a hole in it anyways. A few paper towels or cigarette butts and it's stopped up again. I'm left with pulling the urinal and going at it with a 5/8 cable and 4 blade spear gagging back my lunch the whole time.

Comment

Mine works "GREAT"

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I started using chemicals to dissolve the calcium deposits in urinals with good success. Just carefully pour something that will dissolve the buildup, and wait....then flush carefully with water, works excellent. I rarely ever, ever use chemicals, but I make an exception with urinals, because 90+% of them have hardened mineral deposits blocking them, and chemicals work better than anything else I have tried.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

[quote=All Clear Sewer;226180]Mine works "GREAT"

I can't tell what the business end is do you have a closer pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X