X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer mounted jetters

any of yall using trailer mounted rigs, and if so, are your storage tanks required by law to be a baffelled tank?? none of the trailer rigs i have seen have baffled tanks, i thought that dot says all liquid carrying tanks were to be baffled.could it be that under a certain size it is not required?? thanks for your feed back men.

Re: trailer mounted jetters

not that i'm aware of.

plus i don't fill the 300 gallons until i'm on the job.

that's 2490# i don't have to tow.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

so you drain yours after each job, and then refill when you get on site??are you counting on a fire hydrant with hook being available when you get there??

Comment

typically, i try to do more than 1 job with it.

i do drain it as it's not worth the wear on the brakes or the truck to save the water.

although i have a 2'' fill hose, the only time i've used a hydrant was when i was working at a fire station. the rest of the times it's a garden hose. i don't necessarily need to fill it with 300 gallons to start it. i lift the tank low level float once i'm at least 12'' above the outlet.

a good garden 3/4'' bibb will deliver 15gpm, so it's not much more time than it takes to stretch out hoses and prep the job.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

We have a new Mongoose trailer jet with a 300 gallon tank that we run with the tank full all the time. The trailer has electric brakes so running full is no problem.

Comment

I try to guess my water usage and shut off the garden hose when getting near done with jetting. Then I dump the rest it's not just the wear and tear but I want all the MPG I can get! I already run heavy.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hi there, i dont have much idea about trailer mounted rigs> but i would like to know more of it. Do you have any resources available on internet?
              Quality Builing Material | Best Concrete Paves

Comment

When I used one, while working for a national company, we always trailered an empty tank. I was told that the axle is not strong enough anyway to trailer with a full tank. And Working in Colorado we used the antifreeze tank in the front too. Most companies charge by the hour so why not charge the customer for filling time too. And then when you are done, charge for draining time.
                ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
                X