I gave the power spin a pitch out of the van and replaced it with a K-40 I bought at an E-Bay charity auction. The front hose was broke so I figured I would do some tinkering with it before I bought a new hose as I use the 39 for most jobs that don't need the 3800, I mounted the power feed to the front of the machine with no hose. I got to try it to night, I had some 1 1/4" galvanized pipe with 3 cast iron 45's and a cast iron T the 39 wouldn't go through, they had used Drano and rusted it.The 39 hung in the first 45 with it's 3/8 " cable so I got the K-40 with it's 5/16" cable with a grease whip It balked a little at the first 45 then went through but it wouldn't move the mush past all the 45's and T so I tried the 39 again and the rust was cleared enough that it went through. It took some time with the 39 ( long enough for my son to get a belt on the HO'S lawn mower that the HO couldn't get on ) but I think the K 40 needs the hose with the small cable, it wanted to twist up without it when it hit a hard spot.But it wasn't bad I could use both hands when I hit a hard spot and the power feed when it run free. There was no room for the 3800 so I might keep this set up on the van
No announcement yet.
redesigned K-40Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse