Joey, time to pay the piper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joey, time to pay the piper

i carry 2 million in liability. not sure what the city requires for public right of way, but i think it's 5 million along with the proper contractors classification.

very few plumbing companies have a license to work in the street or under the sidewalk/ parkway.

all the dirt that is dug out needs to be removed and replaced with slurry.

also takes 2 flagmen to direct traffic on a public street.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

WOW... what a pain that has to be.

I only have one city that makes us replace the dirt in the right-a-way and we do so with sand. I guess we have the easy life being able to do the complete job without having to call another contractor to finish up the work in the streets.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

10K!! Man if it wasnt for all the clean air regs I'd move to Cali in a heartbeat with the mini-ex!! Too bad I would have to buy a brand new tier III diesel!! the same job we did last week in NY from a house to a manhole for less than half of that!! 80' of 4" SDR-35 into the manhole and an internal drop connection backfilled with K-Crete!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          10K!! Man if it wasnt for all the clean air regs I'd move to Cali in a heartbeat with the mini-ex!! Too bad I would have to buy a brand new tier III diesel!! the same job we did last week in NY from a house to a manhole for less than half of that!! 80' of 4" SDR-35 into the manhole and an internal drop connection backfilled with K-Crete!
          rich, come on down. ben will be here too

unfortunately, all public right of ways has to be clay pipe. no plastic or cast.

and we're in the land of shakes

honestly, i like the fact they are more strict on licensing and inspection of the city owned sector. otherwise all the crap we see on the customers side would be the same in the right of way.

sure it cuts down the competition, but also all the hack stuff.

rick.

p.s. rich, it's in the upper 70's today. perfect weather for digging.

my street is torn up today for a new telephone terminal box next door. hopefully my internet speed will go up
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X