drain cleaning problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain cleaning problem

I did a job in far Rockaway, ny sunday 5/3/09. sewer main (house trap) is on first floor. no basement. customer called said water backing up through shower stall in back of house. she also told me the sewer main is backed up. checked the The house trap and it was was clogged on both sides as well as water in the pit. should mention- the actual u bend is about 24" from the surface, not a few inches from where you remove the 4" caps like in normal cases. took my k-60 and after getting it in the line. the water levels started to drop. went in 75 feet. pulled out 4 tampons on the snake. went in again with funnel auger. full 75 feet. it came out totally clean. ran all the lines. tested toilets with paper. all clean. flushed with hot water. happy with job. she calls me back wednsday. says water came up from shower. i ran hot water for 15 minutes in shower stall no problem, checked sewer - house trap all good, plus saw water from shower registering at house trap. today sunday. she tells me it backed up on Friday at shower again. ran water today for 15 minutes at shower, no problem. I don't know what's going on. The only thing that I can thing of is, that it has rained a lot the last 10 days here in far rock. is it possible its backing up from city line? Anyone have any ideas?

Re: drain cleaning problem

could it be just be residual waste stuck in the 2'' shower line?

typically waste and paper will float into the line and sometimes need to be snaked to clear.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

thanks for respose, I don't think so only because i flushed out line for 15 minutes in middle of week, plus the back up is happening when no uses the shower stall. she just finds the stuff in the morning

Comment

maybe it's a customer problem

is the mess still there when you get there. also pr suggested that you might have residual waste in that line. the drain maybe slow and if something else runs it causes the problem. think washing machine. why not just run the shower drain the next time your out. my guess is you will. cable it. if that fixes it great, if not well you know until you try. if i had a nickle for every time someone has told me that drain has never ran that fast. well i wouldn't have anything cause i've already spent the money. breid

Comment

Is this a combination sewer? Is it possible there's a partial blockage in the branch line and after they use the tiolet, paper builds up but water from shower is still getting to house trap? Did you test the other fixtures,fill shower with water then let it go, flush a lot of paper in that tiolet? Did you cable line trap in? I'm figuring partial in branch clogging after paper is flushed in that bowl and coming to shower.

Comment

did you camera the line?...it could be a belly.

Comment

what does that mean that it may be a belly?

Comment

By belly he means a sag in the line a spot which retains water and acts as a double trap.

Comment

Re: maybe it's a customer problem

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  think washing machine
                  yup. thats just what I was thinking; washer and shower sharing same semi-restricted 2" that takes enough flow for shower, but can't handle the washer all at once
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'll second that you should camera the line. I allways camera after clearing a line. only way to really find out if you got the line fully cleaned or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X