Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clogged pipes

WHERE THE SINKS ARE NOT BACK TO BACK,

I WOULD PULL THE STRIANER OUT AND RUN A 5/16" SNAKE WITH A DROP HEAD RIGHT THOUGH THE P-TRAP AND WASTE WHILE RUNNING WATER
    THE WATER MAY BACKUP AT FIRST BUT YOU KEEP RUNNING THE SNAKE WITHOUT LETTING WATER RUN OVER !

FLUSH WITH AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE THE PULL THE SNAKE WITHOUT
    RUNNING MACHINE YOU WILL HAVE A NICE OPEN DRAIN AND A CLEAN CABLE
    THAT YOU CAN DRY OFF WITH A OLD RAG AS YOU PULL BACK !

WITH THE DROP HEAD ON BACK TO BACK SINKS IF THE LINE GOE'S DOWN THE CABLE WILL GO DOWN ALSO,
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Re: Clogged pipes

I'm not sure if those traps are for the residents safety or not. It may well be the case, since all the shutoffs in the rooms are of the key style so the residents can't adjust them. I don't think my boss will be letting us cut the nipples to the trap, but trying a smaller cable while running water might be a good idea, thanks JERRYMAC. I'll give it a shot, since it's a never ending cycle in this building! Thanks again for your help! It seems like the main clog problem in the past few has been in the "90" right below the "T" and it's been a bit difficult getting there, hopefully the smaller cable will work.

Comment

Working...
      X