Mothers day job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers day job

A mothers day drain cleaning. Had to go to my mothers and do her annual sewer cleaning. Just so happend to be on mothers day and the whole faimliy was going to visit. Instead of taking two cars we made every thing fit in one. Notice there is still plenty of room for my sons toys! So enjoy this one Rick!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jhplumbing; 05-10-2009, 06:35 PM.

Re: Mothers day job

Did you use the K-60?

Great Avatar!!!

Comment

Sure did, it was just a preventative Cleaning. I have been so busy that this was the only chance i had.

Comment

Nice, Nice, Good to see that another K-60 hAS saved the day!

Comment

As nasty as my hands get I just don't know that I want my sewer cleaning gear next to any kids toys!Especially any of *my* own little ones!
          Last edited by Jay Mpls; 05-10-2009, 11:13 PM. Reason: :barf:

Comment

My Mothers Day job was

- rescheduled to yesterday from another day by customer despite them having been able to wait several months from when I originally told them what I needed access to to do the job

- arrive at scheduled time and lay out tools, call late customer, wait 15 min for them to show up without keys to the area I need access to

- wait another hour and 15 for the person who has keys to show up

- cut the wall and replace the 7" long piece of 2" cinh that rotted out and has been pissing into the park garage for months (15min)

- clean up and roll up (15 min)

2 hours on a Sunday, more than half of which was spent waiting on keys, for this stupid repair thats waited several months already.

Customer asks, slightly indignant, at end of job "So I'm going to have to call someone else to fix the drywall?"

"YES!"
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We all get those jobs ace. Chin up and charge!!!

quote=Ace Sewer;229134]My Mothers Day job was

- rescheduled to yesterday from another day by customer despite them having been able to wait several months from when I originally told them what I needed access to to do the job

- arrive at scheduled time and lay out tools, call late customer, wait 15 min for them to show up without keys to the area I need access to

- wait another hour and 15 for the person who has keys to show up

- cut the wall and replace the 7" long piece of 2" cinh that rotted out and has been pissing into the park garage for months (15min)

- clean up and roll up (15 min)

2 hours on a Sunday, more than half of which was spent waiting on keys, for this stupid repair thats waited several months already.

Customer asks, slightly indignant, at end of job "So I'm going to have to call someone else to fix the drywall?"

"YES!"[/quote]

Comment

jh, sorry i missed your post til today

thta's a nice k-60 mobile

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

My Mothers Day job started at 8:00 AM when an apartment complex I do work for called and said one of the buildings was completly stopped up again. I had just ran the line and got them open on Friday morning. The line was packed with paper towels, so I thought maybe I didn't do a good enough job cleaning out the line. I thought I could be in and out of the job in an hour, so I told them I would be right over.

I got to the job, ran the line with my K-60, and got the clog to break free at the same spot as last time. Put on my 4" head and worked the line some more. Went to pull the cable back, and wouldn't you know it, I was stuck. This is the first time I have gotten my cable stuck in a line before. I accidently got wrapped up in a septic tank once, but never in a line before.

I dug up the line, and found that part of the line had settled, and snapped a 4" SDR 45 in two. There was about an 1 1/2" difference between the two pipes. I was amazed that I didn't get stuck on Friday when I ran the line after seeing this. The entire apartment complex is sinking, so I can expect more calls like this in the future.

I was four hours late getting to my mothers house that day.

Comment

Ahhh. The K60, a sewer machine for the whole family. Just another example of how RIDGID has been bringing families together since 19XX...

Comment

Working...
                    X