doing job for this lady

the septic tank is smelling

i have try chemicals

i try vinegar

i try bio-carbsoda

and try australian stuff called goe

do have tips on how get reid of smell

Re: Septic tanks

Is the lid not secure? Where is the smell coming from? A vent, If so use a carbon filter, I dont like to add ANYTHING to a septic tank that isnt natural

Comment

concrete lids 150mm thick

Comment

I have seen this happen when the home owner or owners are on heavy meds and does not have enough bugs in the system. Does she have to get the tank pumped a few times a year? How large is the tank? How many people live in the home? Where is the smell coming from? Is there an open c/o or d box that's not covered?

Comment

Is the lid buried or is it at ground level? Is there any ponding of sewage in the tank or drainfield area? Are the baffles in the tank constructed so they can vent through the house vents?
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

How old is the system? Could be time for a replacement.

Comment

After my system was 15 yrs old I was having to have it pumped every 8 mos., it was loaded with toilet paper. I was told my leach field was bad. I then put an air pump on it and it fixed my problems. I pumped it 1 yr later and there was very little paper and there was no smell, not that it smelled before but even with the lid off it does not smell now. I think the air breaks up the paper and encourages bacteria growth. It is now 2 yrs since I pumped it, I will wait another yr and have it pumped.

Comment

Working...
              X