X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally bought a jetter

We finally bought a jetter a General J3055 3500 PSI and 5.5 GPM, 300 ' of 3/8" jetter hose at an auction. A few new parts, new set of factory nozzles and its like new. This thing is an animal. We tried it out at the shop with the 30 degree back nozzle at 3500 PSI in a piece of old orangeburg. This pipe lasted about 30 seconds before total destruction of the pipe. To be honest I'm scared of this thing and have some serious questions. First from reading Ricks posts I should install a foot operated valve is their a good one not made in China? Second does someone make a flexible 3/8" leader for house traps? Third I want to add a 1/4" hose and reel what size lines will a 1/4" head work effectively on. Forth will the 30 degree back angle nozzle effectively cut roots or do I need a root nozzle if so which one? Thanks in advance
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Re: I finally bought a jetter

ridgid makes a good foot valve that is a quality one that's fashioned after their pipe threader electric foot switch.

f v 1 http://www.ridgidparts.com/rtctable....577&image=Pipe
    that's the one i use for my machines.

remember that the nozzles are sized for flow and angle of discharge.

the less angle, the more pull, but less cleaning of the walls of the pipe.

the more angle, the less pull, more cleaning of the walls of the pipe.

here is their link to the nozzles.

http://www.drainbrain.com/jets/access/nozzles.html

i prefer a nozzle without a front jet. unless you have a serious stoppage you're trying to penetrate, you don't need a front nozzle.

good machine with plenty of power and flow.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

General has a nice foot pedal the part # is FP-1 they also have a reel/foot pedal combo. http://www.generalpipecleaners.com/j...ssesories.html

Comment

bought it used? what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I've got one I'm thinking of selling.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Congrats Chauncey. I have just bought a new one myself. All new but only 3000psi and 4 gpm (kj3000). I have just put it together in my living room and cant wait to get that sucker into some drains and see how it goes. Mine came with few nozzles the main one being the turbo rr from ridgid. Does anyone have the KJ and if so are there any tips you have for a learner in regards to jetting? Thanks and good luck chauncey

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post

Congrats Chauncey. I have just bought a new one myself. All new but only 3000psi and 4 gpm (kj3000). I have just put it together in my living room and cant wait to get that sucker into some drains and see how it goes. Mine came with few nozzles the main one being the turbo rr from ridgid. Does anyone have the KJ and if so are there any tips you have for a learner in regards to jetting? Thanks and good luck chauncey
              tips on jetting.

read the manual and watch the video.

first practice on outside cleanouts. get a feel for the waste water blow back.

also get a good set of gloves, safety glasses. mark your hose with colored tape especially the last couple feet close to the nozzle for safety. a foot valve is a must.

don't smile while jetting unless you want a drink

don't wear clothing that you like while learning.

most real cleaning is done on the pull back. slow and steady.

rotating the hose will help get around tight bends. also pulsating the foot valve will get past hard spots.

the pulsator valve will get you further down the line and past tight spots, but drops the pressure and volume too. use it only if necessary.

plenty of other tips, but a lot of your learning will be done hands on

have fun and take photos.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick for the heads up on smiling. I will setup a run of pipe at home with a few bends in it to get the feel of it. I wont take photos cause I believe someone else has already done that on a previous thread with there home made jetter. I wanted to make one myself but didnt have the time and im sure I wouldnt have got it right like a bought one. The foot valve came with the machine and wouldnt dream of using it without the valve. Thanks again oz

Comment

Hey rick have you been in san diego lately???? a couple months ago??

Comment

Originally posted by waytay View Post
                    Hey rick have you been in san diego lately???? a couple months ago??
                    yes i was and i'm going again.

wild animal park has a new 3000'+ zip line

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                      bought it used? what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I've got one I'm thinking of selling.

Hi ACE what have you got and how much are you asking? Thanks oz

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post

First post guys,have been reading posts for ages - ALWAYS GOOD FOR A LAUGH!
                        I have just purchased a used 'JETTERS EDGE" machine,4300psi at 22 litres per minute,looking forward to its delivery,no idea at all how to use it but a quick learner -I hope
                        Cheers
                        Graeme

Comment

welcome to the madness!
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Gratz on your new jetter. My first gas powered Jetter was a General as well a J-3000 I bought about 15 years ago. It is still running strong.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by graeme View Post
                              First post guys,have been reading posts for ages - ALWAYS GOOD FOR A LAUGH!
                              I have just purchased a used 'JETTERS EDGE" machine,4300psi at 22 litres per minute,looking forward to its delivery,no idea at all how to use it but a quick learner -I hope
                              Cheers
                              Graeme

Graeme,

I have the same machine as you set up in my ute .What sort of hose do you have and nozzles etc. Ihave only had mine for a few months , but its great.

cheers

Pressy

Comment

Working...
                              X