X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the sewer service

up here i deal a lot with frozen sewer services.

testing is pretty straight forward.

dump a lot of hot water and flush the WC many, many times and watch for burping.

if the customer doesn`t want the line camera`d, how far do you go with testing before you feel comfortable with the clearing you just did.

Vince

some how i got this little french ` thing happening and when i hit the question mark key i get this É. or this é. gotta figure this out.

Re: Testing the sewer service

I've never really timed it but i'm guessing I run as many fixtures as I can for about 10mins. I also flush 10 or so times at the same time.

Even with all that, a small amount of ice will sometimes remain.

I also encourage the HO to continue to use as much water as they can ie; take an extra long shower when I leave, do the dishes, laundry.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

One of the first things I do when arriving at a customer's house is filling the sink, bathtub and washing machine for a mainline or just one of them for a secondary drain. Once I get done snaking the line, open everything up and see if anything sounds or looks off.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I roll up a ball of TP and flush it to see if it gets hung up, followed by several toilet flushes while giving it the listen.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Ice? What the hell is that? Why would you flush perfectly good ice? Beyond me..

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
            some how i got this little french ` thing happening and when i hit the question mark key i get this É. or this é. gotta figure this out.
            Sorry, Vince. That's a programmer's mistake and it's only supposed to be activated in Canada. It's actually pronounced "Eh?" and comes after every question.

Comment

Good one, Herk
              When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                Sorry, Vince. That's a programmer's mistake and it's only supposed to be activated in Canada. It's actually pronounced "Eh?" and comes after every question.
                i got a nasty habit of setting myself up then walking right into it.

that was a good one.

Vinceh

Comment

well, doing frozens Im either working up the system from a cleanout or septic tank, in which case I get a major gush of dirty water when it lets go, or I'm working down from the building, in which case the toilet flange or whatever stops filling up with my jetter water when I get through it. I always finish with a large diameter nozzle to make sure I haven't just popped a hole in the ice and left a ton in there.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X