Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric jetter power source..

don't worry rich

i'm working on the cnc programming for the rich-60. all i need is to swap the k for a h. rick/ rich-60

first floor condos are always a disaster waiting to happen.

my best rags came from a multi millon dollar condo. the owner on the 18th floor came home to find waste coming from the kitchen sink. owner threw every towel she had to try to soak up the mess while the building house keeping came to mop it up. i showed up and snaked it.

on the way out, she asked if i could dispose of the ruined towels. i asked if i could keep them

what other plumber has monogrammed rags

you will find a use for the electric jetter, but you will also see its limitations and issues.

you gas unit is a good unit for 4'' and smaller. i prefer gpm over psi. get some jumper hoses and a foot valve to allow it to be used indoors.

that ball valve is their vacation valve

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Breid called it; motor plate says it will run on 120or 240. Actually, it would probably be happier with the high voltage, but I guess the designer felt it would be easier to find 120. Plate says 18 amps, but, whether it's this model on a 20amp or the smaller on a 15, needs to be isolated like Ace said. And, as Rick points out, breakers can tend to trip with age. 14 gauge wire became popular cause of price. Rick, I eagerly await my Rich-60 with all accessories. I do have jumpers and a foot valve with my reels. I thought a little electric would be perfect for small drains with inconvenient access. Mains, major clean jobs I will stick with gas. I thought this might be the K60 of jetters. Some guys are stronger than others, but I wouldn't get in the way of the guy that carries a K7500 or equivalent machine up a ladder to cable a vent... Ace, I've seen the machine you have; and the one bigger that you mentioned. Debating on whether I should stick with it or send it back for smaller.

Comment

This thread may be boring to most, but I've found a solution(at least partial) to my dilemma in addition to great info from you all. I'm posting a pic of a 20 to 15 amp adapter cord by a company called Furman. Plug in male 20 amp cord one end, plug into female 15 amp outlet on 20 amp circuit, good to go. Funny thing is who sells these. They're used by musicians to plug in amps and high power equipment. Found it online and bought it at Guitar Center. Just have to make sure the circuit is 20 amp and basically not in use. Bonus for me is now I can finally buy that guitar and amp I've always wanted to play. If I only had an OUNCE of musical talent..
        Attached Files

Comment

herk one reason sparky's use 14 gauge wire is that they can back wire the devices. 14 is cheaper but it's mostly labor saving. it is much easier to work with. that said, i'm old i still wire with 12 or better. it makes a much better job. also we can remove one side of any 30 amp breaker. bingo now you have power...............rich your adapter will let you plug it into a 15 a recp. i say, i say it will not give you enough amps. if it is a 20 a circuit. you will heat the breaker and it will blow. as mentioned above. no if and or butts. i hate to be redundant but i'm going to. hire an licensed electrician. have them walk you through this. think of this as airplane, if you bought one would you just fly it home or would you want a little training. i have done this several times. i think its great. get paid to show somebody something. you know we spend hundreds to thousands on tools. what's 100.00 to 150.00 more? if we blow the motor it will cost that or more. if it ain't working, it ain't making any money. besides if it wont work at the job the customers are going to wonder how qualified we are. burn up the motor they will know. the idea to me is figure out how to the most miles out of my equipment. breid

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
            This thread may be boring to most, but I've found a solution(at least partial) to my dilemma in addition to great info from you all. I'm posting a pic of a 20 to 15 amp adapter cord by a company called Furman. Plug in male 20 amp cord one end, plug into female 15 amp outlet on 20 amp circuit, good to go. Funny thing is who sells these. They're used by musicians to plug in amps and high power equipment. Found it online and bought it at Guitar Center. Just have to make sure the circuit is 20 amp and basically not in use. Bonus for me is now I can finally buy that guitar and amp I've always wanted to play. If I only had an OUNCE of musical talent..:rolleyes:
            i never let that stop me

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Breid, I appreciate your concern. Actually, the guy that introduced me to this adapter is my wife's cousin. He was for years(I don't know about now) the youngest guy in FL to get a Master electrical license. Family business, one of two sons. Both know electrical for over 30 years. He told me(I didn't know) that modern baths and kitchens are on 20a circuits. Go to my own panel, and he's right! Code allows 15a outlets as you'll rarely plug in anything that will pull more than that regardless of circuit limits. What really surprised me was where a majority of the 15a circuits are... In the garage! Just where I figured there would be more power. I have tried this setup, and so far, it works great! I do have a 20a outlet for my fridge that works, but I've also used the adapter successfully. Circuit breakers do wear out, and some trip at the drop of a hat. That or an old home will mean I'll have to have a plan B. It doesn't have the power or flow as my gas jetter, but it's nice not having to run outside to start the engine, stop the engine, etc. Flip on and jet, off and done.

Comment

Working...
              X